Question about T-Mobile and the 7.8 update.

cliffboss

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I got a T-Mobile HTC Radar at the moment that is unlocked and being used on Wind up in Canada. Does this mean that I won't end up getting the update, unless T-Mobile decides to put it up on there servers?

If this is true, is there a way to debrand the phone?

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I did a search of a 7.8 update thread (http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...e-through-zune-have-you-gotten-yours-yet.html) and it looks like one person was able to get their Radar to update using the Zune update trick. Also one or two people on the HTC HD7 (even though T-Mobile has stated HD7 won't be getting it). The Zune update trick could at least be worth a shot if you haven't tried it already:

Forcing the Windows Phone 7.8 update: Camera button not required but patience is | Windows Phone Central

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Tried that, but all i keep getting is the phone is up to date or error could not check right now. :(
Well, they did say patience is required ;) Just try a few times every day and maybe you'll get it to work eventually. That's probably the only chance you have of getting 7.8, aside from the manual CAB method.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon