Windows Phone 7.8 Lumia 710 does not open PHONE/CALL SETTINGS

gectra

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi!
I just found that my WP7.8 Lumia 710 doesn't open in the SETTING/APPLICATIONS the PHONE option. I have no idea what could be the problem. I have the sim inserted well, I have great signal strengh, I can make calls, etc, but that menu doesn't open at all. I tried restarting, changing the inserted SIM, but nothing helped.

Do you have any idea what causes the problem and how could I solve it?

Thank you very much ideed.

gectra

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I updated it with the disconnecting method via Zune. I am not precisely sure about soft-reset, if it's a simple restart, than I have tried it a thousand times.

gectra

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure that this will solve the problem? (Isn't it possible, that the network provider disabled the menu?) Is it sure that this problem is so serious that I must hard reset the device? How many times is it allowed to use the same activation key on my device?
EDIT
Zune says it has a restore point...Do you think it would help? I think after restoring the device I will need to update it again :((

gectra

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank you very much indeed for your quick replies. I have just contacted MS Support, now looking for some news from them. :)

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have an unlocked Lumia 710 that I updated by using the Zune/Internet disconnect trick. Phone settings opens fine.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I had that happen on one of my Titans. I am pretty sure it was on the one I currently have. I did a hard reset after trying to figure out what could be causing the issue, and now that menu works again. I have also just confirmed that it works on my 7.8 updated Titan still.

gectra

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft Customer Service did actually nothing. If I hard reset my device I will be asked my activation key, won't I? How many times can I use it? Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss