Can't add hidden wi-fi on Dell Venue Pro. HELP!

JustinSalvato

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Before and after I upgraded to Windows Phone 7.8 on my Dell Venue Pro, I haven't been able to add hidden networks. The "+" icon never shows up, no matter what I do. Unfortunately, the HTC Hidden Wi-Fi app no longer exists, so I can't go that route.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

:angry::unhappysweat::unhappy:

bakedgoods27

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Have you updated your phone through over the air or through zune pc or did you manually send CAB files/? Oh yeah, the hidden WiFi plus button was never available to previous versions of DVP.

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I've already noticed many problems with multiple WP7 users updating their phones to WP7.8, particularly those who used the manual .cab method or seveneighter. Since you own a Dell Venue Pro, chances are you updated with .cab's or seveneighter.

I'm not too sure about issues with adding hidden networks though. Do you mean manually adding WiFi networks when they're not available or not in range?

JustinSalvato

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
1) Yes, I used the SevenEighter application to update my phone as T-Mobile will not give us the time of day...
2) I want to add hidden networks through the "+" button that is supposed to appear in the "advanced" section.

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Did you install ALL of the language packs when using seveneighter? Many problems associated with WP7.8 is caused by negligence of language pack installation. Some people just install english and spanish and later find out that Settings>keyboard, Settings>region+language, or Settings>About doesn't work.

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Na. I updated my DVP via Zune. Still can't add hidden networks or anything without DHCP. I've never been able to do it. On any version of Windows Phone for this device.
-joe-

dann7z

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I think I messed up my Dell Venue Pro. First time I run Seven-Eighter I selected English (United Kingdom) but it somehow crashed. When I checked my phone region/language there was English (United States) selected. I tried running Seven-Eighter again and selecting English (United States) but now it crashes every time. I get those: error1 and error2 and on the phone: Update unsuccessful - Unfortunately, we weren't able to update your phone. Refer to the Zune software or Mac Connector on your computer to find out what happened. Or if you've already closed the software, go to windowsphone.com for guidance.

WTF do I do now? Please help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon