Still no 7.8 update on lumia 800

Tezzam86

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi there I have a lumia 800 on the orange/EE uk network I still have no update notification for the 7.8 update. I cant do the zune trick as I have a mac. I rang my provider and they said they don't know when its going to become available? The update is on the nokia servers for my carrier so I don't understand why my phone wont notify me thats its available. The phone was supplied by phones 4 u and is factory unlocked I even rang them and they don't know anything about the update either. I really want this update I have waited or a long time for it, someone help me please....:unhappysweat:

mrsean1993

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue and the Zune trick isn't working, it updated versions of 7.5 but wont update again to 7.8 and it's unlocked. Hopefully this is an issue Nokia / windows can fix...

mastercussen

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 800 and also bought unlocked from phones4U. I have not had the 7.8 update either and today is 21 February 2013. I currently use an O2 Sim. Do I need to flash my phone to get the update?

anon(5340442)

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Nokia has told me that there are performance issues holding back the update. Their engineers are working on it and hope to have it ready soon, but no date given. Not sure if this is just for the Lumia 800 or if they are just holding back any further updates of any device.

assault700

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Nokia should have at least the balls to inform those present users that it will be halted for some issues. If they really stand for their brand "Nokia Care"??????

kitty778

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Nokia's website says it's available. I'm on O2 and one of their "gurus" said he would refresh the update and I should restart my phone 30 mins later. Still nothing.

nishant kumar1

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I updated it in New Delhi India, yesterday on Vodafone.. I received a notification and it was easy... the update takes place in three:cool: steps.
After 7.8, there are some more updates available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk