Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi there I have a lumia 800 on the orange/EE uk network I still have no update notification for the 7.8 update. I cant do the zune trick as I have a mac. I rang my provider and they said they don't know when its going to become available? The update is on the nokia servers for my carrier so I don't understand why my phone wont notify me thats its available. The phone was supplied by phones 4 u and is factory unlocked I even rang them and they don't know anything about the update either. I really want this update I have waited or a long time for it, someone help me please....

I'm having the same issue and the Zune trick isn't working, it updated versions of 7.5 but wont update again to 7.8 and it's unlocked. Hopefully this is an issue Nokia / windows can fix...

PIN
    Email
    No joy with my unlocked lumia 800. On O2 and no luck trying the Zune trick !
    The roll out doesnt finish till end of March.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

I used SevenEighter and have been enjoying 7.8 on my L800 for a couple weeks now.

What other make would announce an update and let us waiting for so many months???
    Quote Originally Posted by vabopi View Post
    What other make would announce an update and let us waiting for so many months???
    I don't know - HTC Android, Motorola Android?
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

I have a Lumia 800 and also bought unlocked from phones4U. I have not had the 7.8 update either and today is 21 February 2013. I currently use an O2 Sim. Do I need to flash my phone to get the update?

Im waiting too and im on the orange network. this update has been talked up now for about a year.
    Nokia has told me that there are performance issues holding back the update. Their engineers are working on it and hope to have it ready soon, but no date given. Not sure if this is just for the Lumia 800 or if they are just holding back any further updates of any device.

Navifirm and Nokia care suite.. The version available via Zune is buggy as ****...

Nokia should have at least the balls to inform those present users that it will be halted for some issues. If they really stand for their brand "Nokia Care"??????

im on voda and iv had no update going by voda website 100% of ppl sould have it by now

Nokia's website says it's available. I'm on O2 and one of their "gurus" said he would refresh the update and I should restart my phone 30 mins later. Still nothing.

I updated it in New Delhi India, yesterday on Vodafone.. I received a notification and it was easy... the update takes place in three steps.
    After 7.8, there are some more updates available.
    Just got the update notice for my Lumia 800 on Telus. Updating now.