Can't open messages (SMS) after 7.8 update.

p_c_user

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I got an HTC Radar and updated from 7.5 to 7.8 yesterday. I use seven eighter tool to force update.

After the update, I was able to change the tile sizes but the additional accent colors are not there. And most, importantly I cannot open any old and incoming SMS messages. In addition, when I go to settings, some items are not opening (mobile network, about...)

Then when I connect to Zune, it says there a new update so i updated. And still, I can't open SMS messages. So I tried restoring but it Zune say's it can't restore.

Any suggestions. This useless update *ucked my phone.

p_c_user

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I got an HTC Radar and updated from 7.5 to 7.8 yesterday. I use seven eighter tool to force update.

After the update, I was able to change the tile sizes but the additional accent colors are not there. And most, importantly I cannot open any old and incoming SMS messages. In addition, when I go to settings, some items are not opening (mobile network, about...)

Then when I connect to Zune, it says there a new update so i updated. And still, I can't open SMS messages. So I tried restoring but it Zune say's it can't restore.

Any suggestions. This useless update *ucked my phone.

Sarah Lee

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem! I also used the same update software to force update on my htc Radar. Even though I was able to restore, my messaging still crashes and returns to the home screen. My time zones is displaying correctly, and my calling still works. Please help.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you may need a hard reset. Something with the update jas confused your phone. Your 7.8 update will stick through the reset. Make a good backup first though.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you may need a hard reset. Something with the update jas confused your phone. Your 7.8 update will stick through the reset. Make a good backup first though.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
+1

Then via settings - make a factory restore and this will clean out the conflicting errors. This shouldn't have happened in the first place.

p_c_user

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I also done hard reset and still when i'm viewing my old and new sms messages, it still returns to home screen. I have also have correct time zone.
I am having the same problem! I also used the same update software to force update on my htc Radar. Even though I was able to restore, my messaging still crashes and returns to the home screen. My time zones is displaying correctly, and my calling still works. Please help.

Sarah Lee

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Still same problem and even hard reseting it did nothing as well. I wondered if it was because of the language packs I installed?

Amoah Jericho

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I have this same problem... I'm even feedup with this. I can't read my and, can't open about, WiFi, locks & wallpapers and others. It's so bad....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99