Mail app constantly crashing

Lyndon Vrooman

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Already posted this on answers.microsoft, but figured it was worth a shot over here as well.

For the last couple of days, the mail app on my Samsung focus crashes constantly. Although I can sometimes get into a mailbox, I have yet to be able to get into the mailbox, selecting a message will always crash back to the smart screen, with the mail app no longer in the fast switching queue. I've gone as far as resetting the phone numerous times back to factory settings. This happens on any of my mailboxes, either exchange, pop, or ActiveSync, both combined and separate mailboxes. I would happily restore from backup, but, I wiped my computer a while ago, and don't have a backup in Zune. Spoke with my carrier, Rogers, but they are unwilling to look at it as it's 14 months old now. Spoke with Samsung, and they say that they have no idea how to correct the issue.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this, or another app that I might be able to use for Hotmail, but also that could integrate mail, calendar, etc, from Exchange/Office 365?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
It's not ideal. But have you tried going to outlook.com in IE? You should be able to check mail there.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
So this is still happening after "hard resetting" your phone? And only the mail app is causing problems? If so, it sounds like you somehow corrupted the flashed OS on your phone. Are there any updates you could install that might refresh the OS build? Really unusual that a hard reset would not correct this.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Lyndon Vrooman

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Have tried hard reset, and reset to factory settings. No updates available. Can visit outlook.com in IE, doesn't really work all that well though with my exchange account thougth.

Lyndon Vrooman

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
So, got the phone back last night. Email works. Yay. Software is 7720 though and all updates fail. Spoke with Windows Phone Support, they say sounds like firmware. Spoke with Rogers, they say to send back to Samsung will cost minimum $120. Sounds like I'm looking to find a way to replace the firmware.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99