Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

107 Posts
    Recently I realized that dev unlocking your phone is actually quite easy:P...I've been reading a lot about it and thought that we should list out all the cool homebrew apps out there that only require developer unlocked phones to run..so here's two of them:

BlueManager by Navisluni

Screen capturer v3

(if there already is a similar thread then sorry for reposting)

993 Posts
    Nice idea for a thread, even though I'm running a fully unlocked phone now. Anyway, here's a few that I would recommend:

Battery Status - I've seen screenshots of some battery apps for WP8, and it looks like they're basically clones of this app. Let you pin a tile to show the battery percentage (with an option to update every 10 minutes, something not allowed in "official" store apps). Also has a cool logging feature that lets you view a chart of your battery drainage over time.
    [APP] Battery Status (v4.6.1.1) - Telerik controls, icon sets, globalization and more - xda-developers

Supreme Shortcuts - similar to those apps that let you pin wifi and airplane mode settings to start, except that there are a LOT more options for shortcuts that you can pin.
    [APP] Supreme Shortcuts - 2012-01-05 - Version 2.2.3 - French Language Fix + more - xda-developers
    Thanked by:

107 Posts
    Folders by jaxbot also works on dev unlocked phones but some features require full unlock

993 Posts
    Another one from jaxbot that I forgot about is Orientation Lock. It lets you pin a quick toggle tile, so you can tap the tile to lock orientation, tap again to unlock. It works great.
    Orientation Lock Release - Windows Phone Hacker

143 Posts
    1, I like Power status's graph, One can easily compare power drain per 24hr for the 7 days on the same plain - Application done by Tolor
    2, for the Live tile I prefer Battery's live tile, the changing colours (Their graph is not yet out) - Application done by Enless Soft Ltd.
    3, Zapi Battery has a History table i like, plus the Lock screen status of the battery -- Application done by Zapi

107 Posts
    cmon people...hoped for a better response..
    heres another one
    TouchWake by WindowsPhoneHacker ....it lets you use the capictive buttons to wake up your device..pretty cool

18 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Sounds great but... Can any of u point me as to where can i find a tutorial on unlocking my lumia 920? Thanks

107 Posts
    As far as I know it's not possible...nothing for WP8 yet