Reviving a microSD that was pulled from WP7.x device

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
I've seen many a custom ROM option or various applications mentions, none of them have worked for me or were usable (phone not supported). I took advantage of the AT&T program and am saying goodbye to my Samsung Focus soon. But I'd love to regain the use of the 16GB microSD card that has been pulled from the device. The card is empty so no data is at risk, I'd just prefer to not have a dead card sitting around when I could use it elsewhere.

Is there no other way to recover this card without finding some select Nokia handset?

Neusyn

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I have the same question. My computer can see my 32GB microSD but I can't do anything to it, we all know why though. Just looking for third party solutions that doesn't involve tracking a certain Nokia model down.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Over on xda developers, there is a thread on this topic. It involves unlocking it using your wp7 device. Possibly hacking or flashing another rom.

Neusyn

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Over on xda developers, there is a thread on this topic. It involves unlocking it using your wp7 device. Possibly hacking or flashing another rom.
yeah my focus actually crashed and wouldn't work to the pint that it kept reseting, so I replaced it with a L900. So I don't have another device to plug it into.

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
I tried some of those. Either my phone wasn't supported by the ROM, the tools didn't work or the desktop application did not work.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
If you don't need the data off the card, you can use any Symbian OS phone. Just plug it in, format it, and you're up and running.

GCrane1982

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I've seen many a custom ROM option or various applications mentions, none of them have worked for me or were usable (phone not supported). I took advantage of the AT&T program and am saying goodbye to my Samsung Focus soon. But I'd love to regain the use of the 16GB microSD card that has been pulled from the device. The card is empty so no data is at risk, I'd just prefer to not have a dead card sitting around when I could use it elsewhere.

Is there no other way to recover this card without finding some select Nokia handset?

if you have an old Nokia handset lying around that runs Symbian you can use it to reformat the SD card which will effectively restore it to factory and allow you to use it in other devices, at least this is want I did to use my 32gb microSD from my Focus in my Surface RT tablet.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Sounds simple, but where are they and I simply refuse to buy one for this purpose.

Symbian phones are out there in the wild still...you just have to go hunt for them...my favorite was the e63, man I used to charge that phone TWICE A WEEK...

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Just got word that my RMA was approved by Kingston. If have a locked microSD and can not find a Symbian, try an RMA as Curtieson recommended.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo