Stuck on 8112: updating with Seven-Eighter

daniel_leavitt2000

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a Samsung Focus V1.3. I tried updating to 7.8 using Seven-Eighter. I selected all the languages as every one listed (and more) were available in both keyboard and region menus. I was able to update from 7720 to 8112, then nothing.

When trying to update past 8112, the status bar on the phone will get to about 40% then the phone will reboot and an error message pops up stating the update was unsuccessful. Seven-Eighter spits out code 80004005.

I figured it would be a problem with the language packs, but I have not found any issues with the phone at all - everything works fine. If there was a language pack issue, I figure something would not work right.

Even so, I still tried to reinstall the language packs. The phone will restart without updating stating "Update Error 80180011 IU (Image Update) installation failed on phone: None of the packages in the update are applicable."

Last edited:

daniel_leavitt2000

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
OK, I continued to attempt to install language packs with Seven-Eighter. Each one failed, but now I can't access wifi from settings. Worse is I can't locate my backup of the phone through Zune and have no way to roll the update back.

Can anyone help me out? I would hate to throw the phone away.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
What language packs did you install, and what language packs did your phone have by default?

Edit - Just read your post again...

Unless you have your rollback you might be hosed. You're never supposed to install anything other than the language packs your phone has by default, nothing more and nothing less. It sounds like you were reading the wrong section to find out which language(s) you have.

It's not the 'Region format' area (which displays a ton of languages). It's the 'Display language' area.

Unless I'm mistaken it should have only been English and Spanish.

Always, always, always read the instructions very, very carefully...otherwise this is what happens. The symptoms you've described are precisely what happens when you've either installed too many or too few language packs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3