- 06-27-2013, 01:13 AM #1
I'm trying to upgrade my AT&T Samsung SGH-i917 to Windows 7.8 using the SevenEighter program, and I'm not sure what to select in the language selection dialog box. Do I need to select the Keyboard languages that I currently use on my phone (I only use English and Russian), or all languages displayed in the Keyboard settings screen (on the phone)? If it is the latter, what should I do about the languages that appear on my phone but are not available in the SevenEighter dialog box (such as Filipino, Chinese Simplified QWERTY, French (Canada), etc)? Thanks.
- 06-27-2013, 03:33 PM #2
- 06-27-2013, 11:40 PM #4
- 06-27-2013, 11:43 PM #5The key to doing these manual upgrades is choosing the right language packs. Doing that is easy but it’s very crucial to the process.
- Settings –> Keyboard
- Make note of all of the languages installed
- Download the 7.8 language packs that are on your device
mikeeemm says language packs come from Display Language under Region+Language. Now I don't know whom to believe.
- 06-28-2013, 03:42 PM #7
From what I read it never said anything about keyboard languages. From what I understood it's the region because that will affect how the phone works
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
- 06-29-2013, 04:01 AM #8
- 06-29-2013, 04:05 AM #9
06-29-2013, 08:24 PM #10
- 3 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
I updated my Samung Focus (ATT version) and I just selected all the languages each time and it worked fine. There were a few times where the boot up timed out after an update but you just start the program up again and start the next update. I think it would be hard to brick your phone as long you just let the program run and don't disconnect the phone while it's updating. Be patient it takes a while since you are updating from 7720 all the way up to 8862.
- 06-30-2013, 05:32 PM #11
There were a few missing. On all occasions, the number of languages shown on my phone outnumbered the number of languages listed by Seven Eighter. For example, on the phones, Chinese had three or so items listed, but Seven Eighter only had one. Basically, if I saw any variant of a language on my phone, I checked the tab in 7 8-er. Honestly, I was a bit nervous each time I used it. I am, by far, not an expert when it comes to this stuff. It is nerve-wracking but doable. Good luck...not that that helps...:)But, I hope it works out for you.
- 01-23-2014, 03:47 AM #15
Last edited by lilyjoin; 01-23-2014 at 04:12 AM.
- By surfacedude in forum Windows RTReplies: 14Last Post: 06-30-2013, 09:52 AM
- By Samsnov in forum Other OS's and DevicesReplies: 5Last Post: 06-28-2013, 03:15 PM
- By surfacedude in forum Windows RTReplies: 11Last Post: 06-27-2013, 01:33 PM
- By gabrelov in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 06-27-2013, 04:51 AM
- By Sravan PDS in forum Nokia Lumia 620Replies: 2Last Post: 06-27-2013, 01:39 AM