Phone appears dead

mbowles201

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Plugged my phone into the charger and the screen turned into the black image of a phone cabled to a PC. When I connect it to a PC I get "no restore points available". Obviously this means the PC does not have a backup copy of the phone. What could have caused this outage? How do you fix it?
thx!

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
What are you rocking? Samsung Focus? HTC Titan? Not sure that will matter much, trying to get a gauge on the age of the phone; and also the Hard Reset buttons are different per phone.

Sorry, but it sounds like a deep hardware error. Might be toast, might just need to be reset. Give it a hard reset (erase all data, back to factory condition) and see if it will boot.

MS Help site: Your Windows Phone 7 stops responding or won't turn on

The Pattern to per phone: How to hard reset your Windows Phone 7 using phone buttons

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
HTC Radar running W 7.5 - sorry, rookie post mistake.

No problem, at least you posted in the right place so I knew you had a WP7. :D

HTC Radar hard reset by buttons:
  1. Turn the power off.
  2. Press and hold the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons, and then press and hold the POWER button. Release these buttons when your phone turns on and displays a text screen.
  3. Keep pressing the VOLUME DOWN button until the Factory reset option is highlighted, and then press the POWER button.
  4. Follow the instructions onscreen to proceed with the factory reset.
Source

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb