Phone crashed and deleted data from synced accounts

jaybee

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I was sitting at my desk yesterday listening to Slacker during work when my phone stopped allowing me to send text messages. I could enter the text in a discussion, but it wouldn't send. All of a sudden the phone restarted itself. When it rebooted, all of my contacts had been wiped, the contact-related tiles on my homescreen had been deleted (Me tile, people hub, a group tile, and an individual contact tile), and my email tile had been deleted. I was unsure of what happened, but the phone gave me a notice saying that there was an issue and I may have lost data. All of my text message discussions from the last couple days or so had been deleted, and there are gaps in the discussions that weren't deleted. The phone started to sync again on its own and pulled down my contacts again. I had to manually reconfigure my email settings, calendar settings, contact groups, and re-pin everything. It seems to be stable now, but I'm worried that it might happen again. I scoured the forums here and on Microsoft's website and didn't see anything similar to this issue. Anyone else see something like this or know what may have happened? Any insight would be appreciated.

Lumia 900 on ATT
OS version 7.10.8862.144
Firmware version 2175.2307.8862.13100

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's really strange. I've never experienced anything like that, nor do I recall seeing anything like that on the forums.

jaybee

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
It was incredibly strange. Like I said, I looked for a couple days on Microsoft's forums and on the WPCentral forums and didn't see anything like this. My phone has been acting kind of quirky since then, which makes me think there's some underlying issue. I'm hoping that it will hold together for a while.

tqlla3k

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Weird. Something like that happened to me yesterday. I have an HTC titan2 with 7.8. I received a call, but couldnt hang up. The phone rebooted, and my texts+call history since July 1st was lost

jaybee

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Two questions: Did the phone give you a pop up message saying it had lost data? And, did it remove any account-based live tiles from the home screen?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss