- 09-02-2013, 10:44 PM #1
This is my first thread here. Thanks for having me :)
Now to the problem, I'm unable to sign into IM since 23/8. I tried wifi/2g. I also tried to change status: Me->sat chat status. It always shows 'can't connect to IM'
I'm on Lumia 900 running 7.8. My 'battery saver' is not on. There are only two apps on background tasks excluding advanced.
Is there anything else I can try other than resetting?
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk
09-02-2013, 11:09 PM #3
- 44 Posts
I know why.
Is there any chance that you changed your primary alias on your outlook.com? Whatever email address you used on your phone HAS TO MATCH the PRIMARY alias on your outlook.com. Recently Outlook.com allowed you to change the primary account email address to any of the aliases you created. If you did that and changed it, IM will stop working. I ran into this myself but the other way around. I reset my phone and this time I used one of my outlook.com aliases instead of my original (and primary) live ID. IM never worked. Drove me crazy till I discovered why. I simply went to outlook.com and made the alias my primary and it worked.
tl;dr: the LiveID you used to set up your Windows Phone has to be the PRIMARY alias on your outlook.com account.
09-03-2013, 09:38 PM #4
- 622 Posts
It sounds very strange, but it is the way I fixed my case ... after logging out from Skype, can connect to IM again ("available" instead of "can't connect to IM") ...
- By Cupcake63 in forum Nokia Lumia 521Replies: 3Last Post: 09-03-2013, 03:53 PM
- By meson2000 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 09-03-2013, 10:46 AM
- By KBerthelot in forum HTC 8XReplies: 7Last Post: 09-03-2013, 12:45 AM
- By Winger67 in forum Nokia Lumia 928Replies: 2Last Post: 09-03-2013, 12:13 AM
- By valleen in forum Nokia Lumia 521Replies: 2Last Post: 09-02-2013, 04:51 PM