Try again in 53,894 minutes (locked out of phone)

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I am at over a month before I can try my pin again to unlock my htc trophy. I would've sold/trashed/donated the phone long ago if it wasn't for this one particular priceless picture I have on there that I MUST retrieve. It feels like I'll be chained to this thing forever, trying to figure out my forgotton pin as the months turn into years between attempts. All at the mercy of that one pic I absolutely cannot lose. So... does anyone know of a way to unlock the htc trophy without a factory reset? I do not care to use the phone again so a factory reset would be a paradox to my trial and error.
Did the pictures get uploaded to skydrive in a hidden folder? Is there a windows cloud that pics get secretly stored in? Is there some site I could go to and enter my number and my pin will be revealed? Or better yet, my pics would be there? Can customer service either at htc or windows phone be able to help if I give them the trophy's serial number? Can I trick the phone by putting in a new sim card? Are there any services that specialize in forgotton pin retrieval? Are there any services that can bypass the pin altogether?
Does anyone know of a way? Please I need some help.

irtiza_fayaz

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
You sir, are the biggest troll of the decade.
And if you had checked your "photos" backup option then yep, it's uploaded to your SkyDr... Uh, Onedrive.
If not, stop wasting time. It's impossible.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I am at over a month before I can try my pin again to unlock my htc trophy. I would've sold/trashed/donated the phone long ago if it wasn't for this one particular priceless picture I have on there that I MUST retrieve. It feels like I'll be chained to this thing forever, trying to figure out my forgotton pin as the months turn into years between attempts. All at the mercy of that one pic I absolutely cannot lose. So... does anyone know of a way to unlock the htc trophy without a factory reset? I do not care to use the phone again so a factory reset would be a paradox to my trial and error.
Did the pictures get uploaded to skydrive in a hidden folder? Is there a windows cloud that pics get secretly stored in? Is there some site I could go to and enter my number and my pin will be revealed? Or better yet, my pics would be there? Can customer service either at htc or windows phone be able to help if I give them the trophy's serial number? Can I trick the phone by putting in a new sim card? Are there any services that specialize in forgotton pin retrieval? Are there any services that can bypass the pin altogether?
Does anyone know of a way? Please I need some help.

Ohh man and i thought i was the only one that had that issue before, i had a titan and it git locked for 20 years so i worked out, bit of a flaw in wp7 lol

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
@irtiza:
I don't know how coming to an unpopular forum about an outdated OS as a last ditch attempt to ask a question about retrieving my photo....makes me the biggest troll of the decade. But then again I do not know the geek guidelines so I guess Im not following the geek rules? BTW, I'm now at 130,320 mins before I can try my pin again. I won't give up!

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
bit of a flaw in wp7 lol

weirdly enough, i dont think it could be platform agnostic

I've seen numerous iPod touch 2/3's locked for the minute equivalent of 40 years

Since its a WP7, maybe you could jailbreak it and get direct access? I never tried so I would never know.

anon5878284

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Use "Find My Phone" service on the WindowsPhone.com website to remotely lock your phone with yet another code, and perhaps that lets you enter in the newly created code. :) (Try it, I never did)

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
@prayaas:
Thats worth a try. I'm sure I'll have to reactivate my phone with a sim card for that to work though. And Wp7 takes those old large sim cards that aren't even made anymore. It will be a project for sure but I have 130,320 minutes to try and figure it out. Lol

walter1832

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
@irtiza:
I don't know how coming to an unpopular forum about an outdated OS as a last ditch attempt to ask a question about retrieving my photo....makes me the biggest troll of the decade. But then again I do not know the geek guidelines so I guess Im not following the geek rules? BTW, I'm now at 130,320 mins before I can try my pin again. I won't give up!

You have to tell us what this photo is...that you would wait so long and travel to Mordor with elves and dwarves to get this photo...my precious!

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
@walter:
You may laugh at me when I tell you this.. There was this old abandoned house with many windows near a lake I was fishing at one afternoon. I took a picture of the house because it looked like it would make an interesting picture. Later when I looked at the picture, there was a girl with a body like a genie coming out of a lamp in the top most window. If that wasnt enough to send shivers down my spine, there were also contorted faces of older men in the broken windows. I have showed this picture to a few people. But alas, this picture of GHOSTS remains locked.. Also just as strange I had downloaded those pics from my phone on my laptop a couple years ago but that laptop has long since been nonfunctional. A double wammy. Any other pic would not be worth the trouble but now do you understand why I need to get this picture?

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
@unstoppablekem:
I have checked SkyDrive and unfortunately there are only three pics from my camera roll saved there.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Please some one take me out of this issue... Can't afford to loose my data

First some positivity, I love your name Haddock.

OK, you can try calling support, this is a bug I've seen before on Windows Phones, iOS devices, etc.

Please tell me you back up your data. If your photos and stuff were only on that phone, I'm sorry, but from what I know, its probably safe to consider them lost. Please tell me you left the backup enabled and the SkyDrive media upload feature on.
You back up for these exact reasons, severe failure, loss or theft, etc.

I know there was some random stuff that could be tried, there are other threads like this somewhere, but i cant recall.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb