Phone Troubles--Lumia 900.

Seldom

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I've got a Lumia 900 that has served me really well for the past 2 years since I got it. Recently however, the phone has taken a dump. It seems that every few hours, the phone restarts by itself, the apps on the start screen won't launch, it won't stay connected to my computer when plugged int, etc.

I haven't really installed any new apps lately, and have actually been deleting a bunch of apps that I don't use to make more room for music.

One of the weird things that I've noticed is that when I plug phone into my computer, and look at the storage summary, about half of the 16gb shows the "Stuff from other devices" or whatever it says. The only other computer I've ever plugged it into is my laptop, and when I plug it into that, it shows nearly everything as the "Stuff from other devices". Could this be an indication that an app has clogged up the phone with several GB worth of data that isn't being deleted?

Does anyone have an idea of how or what could be causing these problems? I've pretty much resorted to the fact that I'm going to have to do a hard reset on this phone, but wanted to try a few things first before going that route.

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I think hard resetting the phone is the only choice unfortunately :/ why not consider a new Lumia? WP8 Lumias are proven to be future proof, all of them will get new updates!

Seldom

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I figured that was going to be the case. I just have to hope that all of the apps I have are still available in the marketplace.

I will be getting a new Lumia soon. I get my upgrade in March, but was thinking of waiting until one of the new flagships comes out since the current ones have been out for a few months already. I may try and pick up a 920 on the cheap to tide me over until I can get a newer version of maybe the 1020.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb