Can't connect to Facebook chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpideyCoco

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys! Here is to the early adopters who one way or another are still stuck in WP7. Though I'm happy of how amazingly fast my phone still is!

But, I've been having a problem these last few days. Facebook chat just won't connect in the Messaging hub. At first I thought it was because of my poor 3G but as days went through I found out that it won't connect even in Wi-Fi. I've already disabled the Facebook chat and enabled it again, I even removed my Facebook account from my phone and added it again with no luck.

Is there a workaround? Or maybe Facebook changed some API which rendered the Facebook Chat unusable in WP7

chewbear

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
I was having this issue while using google chrome. Facebook chat could not connect. When I used internet explore on windows 10 the issue was corrected and chat was active. I think it's a google problem.

chewbear

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Having the same issue. But my Antivirus software (Kaspersky) flagged a certificate of authority issue and required permission to continue while using google chrome. The Certificate may be expired for chrome and closing the connection by proxy.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I was having this issue while using google chrome. Facebook chat could not connect. When I used internet explore on windows 10 the issue was corrected and chat was active. I think it's a google problem.

Having the same issue. But my Antivirus software (Kaspersky) flagged a certificate of authority issue and required permission to continue while using google chrome. The Certificate may be expired for chrome and closing the connection by proxy.
This is a thread for Windows Phone 7.

If you are having problems with Facebook on desktop Windows 10, please start a new thread here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786