Where did the search app go?

aab1

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
A few days ago I clicked the search button on m,y HTC HD7 to tag a song that was playing as I often do only to have the search button take me to bing.com in IE instead of launching the search app, the app seems completely gone without me having done any updates.

Is this some sort of glitch or are they actually removing apps from people's phones remotely?

I had really like my Windows Phone until they took the search app away.

I can't find anything about this online so I'm wondering if it's just me or what. I can't afford a new phone, will I be stuck with no search app anymore?

Thank you

aab1

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
When did the problem start for you and does it take you to bing.com in Internet Explorer instead?

Thank you

Ldoppea

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem (cf my previous post "Native Bing search" from last week)
I hope MS did not remove the functionnality :eck:

JustinSalvato

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
So I put my Lumia 1020 away for the day to see how well a Lumia 900 would function. Everything is great, even the People hub - still connects to facebook & twitter. But like you, when I hit the capacitive search button, it opens Internet Explorer and takes me to Bing. Since Microsoft doesn't support Windows Phone 7, why would they change this? Is there another explanation?

aab1

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
My guess is they assume almost no one is still using a WP7 so they terminated the search service for them. But don't the new models still have music and image searches? So why not keep the service for WP7 unless it's a new/different version for the WP8?

AllanQuatermain

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi still using windows phone 7 on Lumia 800 and the search app does not work goes through IE but most other apps still ok,
I use it mainly for calls/texts and E mails and it's compact 3.7" and battery lasts a full working day, Nokia built them to last.

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
That's pretty weird I wonder what change broke it on WP7
I just charged my Omnia 7 to see for myself. At first it opened the search app. Then I went back to home screen and it opens Bing in IE ever since.

I'm also baffled at how much more premium WP7 feels over WP8.1/10.

:(

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It feels a lot more solid, less choppy animations, everything launches faster, its also noticeably more responsive to touch.
The newer versions have some input lag. WP7 feels super stable and the animations are super smooth and well done. Windows 10 Mobile is nothing like this and neither is WP8.1

Both are half-done compared to WP7. I know W10Mobile is still a work in progress, but a lot of love went into WP7 and it really really shows.

maci dub

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
I think I've found a fix for this, they disabled it in the registry, pretty easy to undo if you already have your phone jailbroken and have a registry editor. For details search XDA forums for "Maps business/POI search disabled by MS - FIX!" (I can't post links yet)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)