Installing APPs manually using XAPs stored in SD Card

gouthamdatsme

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
In Windows Phone 8, we can install applications manually by putting the XAPs downloaded from Windows Phone website in the SD Card. And in WP8, we restart the phone and wait for 5 - 10 mins for the SD Card option in Store to show up to install it.

But in WP8.1 the process is made much easy, just paste the XAP downloaded through your laptop or something in the SD Card and wait for some minutes. Make sure your Wi-Fi is on, then go to Store and open the menu (by clicking the The Three Dots) or whatever you call it and click 'install local apps' and there you can see the App which you want to install. If the XAP is outdated, it will ask whether do you want to download the updated version and you can't install it if its not compatible with your device.

wp_ss_20140421_0001.png
wp_ss_20140421_0003.png

This process will be very useful if you want to download big apps or games like Asphalt 8 as it will easy for users who have slow internet to download the XAP through PC rather than installing the app in Mobile. You can then remove the XAP from SD Card and store it in your PC or delete. When you do hard reset, you can use this XAPs again to install big apps or games rather than downloading it again unless the app got an update.

Last edited:

tanvirf52

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Bro, some apps showing is not compatible for my phone. How to fix that? Beside this my phone is updated into WP 8.1.
Thank you:smile:

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
It is because when apps got updated.u have to again download xap file.it could be better if they could update the same on mobile rather than downloading whole app.

GbolaDiran

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded the XAP files for my 820 outdated apps with some new apps. All the apps appear in the ?install local apps? section as expected but I couldnt install the outdated ones. It gives me error always: ?We seem to be experiencing technical difficulties. Pls wait a little while, then try again. if the problem continues, try restarting your phone. Inquiring minds might find this error code helpful: 80070057″. I have waited so many while and even restarted my phone so many times. Can you help me out? Thanks alot

GbolaDiran

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded the XAP files for my 820 outdated apps with some new apps. All the apps appear in the “install local apps” section as expected but I couldnt install the outdated ones. It gives me error always: “We seem to be experiencing technical difficulties. Pls wait a little while, then try again. if the problem continues, try restarting your phone. Inquiring minds might find this error code helpful: 80070057″. I have waited so many while and even restarted my phone so many times. Can you help me out? Thanks alot

vatvedt

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
"Install Local Apps" is not showing in the menu on my phone. I'm using Lumia 625, Developer Unlocked. Downloaded an .xap to the Download folder on the phone. I've restarted the phone as well. There's no SD card in the phone. Any ideas?

Edit: It's working as it should when I found another .xap file. The problem was with the file. It was signed by the developer and not Microsoft. Had to deploy it to make it work.

Last edited:

Bilal Hussain

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Hello Everyone, In this tutorial I will show you how to download .xap file on windows phone and install them without PC.
Download .xap file
a.) Open UC browser and download the xap file of whatever the apps/games you want to install. To download .xap file in your phone make sure you open 'speed mode' otherwise it will redirect you to the store app. Speed mode removes all JavaScript and loads only images & texts.

b.) Now search the app/game you want to download. I search for 'Tiny Troops'.

c.) Now scroll down and click on the 'Download and install manually'.

d.) It will start the download. Save it to the sd-card.

e.) By default uc browser download all files in 'UCDownload' folder. Open this and move your .xap file to the root folder.

f.) Now reboot your device and open store then 'install local apps'

g.) Hurrrraaaaah...... :D You're DONE :p

NOTE :

1.Make sure you disable ?Set date and time automatically? in date+time setting. It occur problem in many regions.
2.You can also install outdated apps. Windows Phone will only update the changed portion of the app and not download the whole app again.
3.You need to have internet connectivity on your phone even if you want to install local apps. The apps are verified to be authentic before installing. This does not consume a lot of data.

lipcanosu

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
In Windows Phone 8, we can install applications manually by putting the XAPs downloaded from Windows Phone website in the SD Card. And in WP8, we restart the phone and wait for 5 - 10 mins for the SD Card option in Store to show up to install it.

But in WP8.1 the process is made much easy, just paste the XAP downloaded through your laptop or something in the SD Card and wait for some minutes. Make sure your Wi-Fi is on, then go to Store and open the menu (by clicking the The Three Dots) or whatever you call it and click 'install local apps' and there you can see the App which you want to install. If the XAP is outdated, it will ask whether do you want to download the updated version and you can't install it if its not compatible with your device.

View attachment 64032
View attachment 64037

This process will be very useful if you want to download big apps or games like Asphalt 8 as it will easy for users who have slow internet to download the XAP through PC rather than installing the app in Mobile. You can then remove the XAP from SD Card and store it in your PC or delete. When you do hard reset, you can use this XAPs again to install big apps or games rather than downloading it again unless the app got an update.

I don't have Install local apps

How install it?

Please answer!!!

I have Microsoft Lumia 435

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism