How do I use 'project my screen' in 8.1?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
With windows phone 8.1 , you get an option to project your phone screen on a computer via USB cable.
1.first of all download this app on your windows PC http://download.microsoft.com/downl...4E9B-9259-0F72FDEDD153/ProjectMyScreenApp.msi
2.Start up the application using the ?Project my Screen? shortcut on the desktop or program list.
3.Connect your phone to your computer using a data-transfer quality USB cable.
4.You should get a prompt for permission to allow screen projection, click ?yes?.
you would see your phone mirroring on your display.

Jan Weltmeyer

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
How to do this without the USB Cable?
I own a 1520 and it tells me, i cant use it while using wifi data.
But I even can't connect to my miracast receivers when wifi is turned off...
Any Ideas?

AbitoMAX

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Can I not project my screen via cable to my 50 inch HDTV???

What it the point in connecting to pc monitor? Regardless, I can't download software on my TV, so this new project ym screen feature works or not to project screen from phone to normal HDTV?

Thanks!!

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Can I not project my screen via cable to my 50 inch HDTV???

What it the point in connecting to pc monitor? Regardless, I can't download software on my TV, so this new project ym screen feature works or not to project screen from phone to normal HDTV?

Thanks!!

No you can not do this at moment but if you connect your TV to your machine via HDMI or VGA cable you will get the same result :wink:

Adnan Javed

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Oh man, when i read this i thought it would be like those older Nokia phones where you could use the Nokia Suite to do everything, including sending text messages, from your computer using your keyboard.

Yahya Manthji

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
why is my nokia lumia 620 not connecting to pc, i downloaded software on pc and im trying to connect my 620 with usb and it is searching searching searching....

i have windows 8 on my pc

scallawag

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
With windows phone 8.1 , you get an option to project your phone screen on a computer via USB cable.
1.first of all download this app on your windows PC http://download.microsoft.com/downl...4E9B-9259-0F72FDEDD153/ProjectMyScreenApp.msi
2.Start up the application using the ‘Project my Screen’ shortcut on the desktop or program list.
3.Connect your phone to your computer using a data-transfer quality USB cable.
4.You should get a prompt for permission to allow screen projection, click ‘yes’.
you would see your phone mirroring on your display.

Not how mine works.
I project it to a URL it can even be in a different City and ST. The Nokia Beamer even warns you it could cost you money for data. Just open the Nokia Beamer and it walks you through the easy set up. It displays what ever is showing on your phone at the moment.
Second is PhotoBeamer that also warns about the Data use and does not need a usb connection. It also sends to a URL. The difference is PhotoBeamer is set up to send your photos not whatever is on your screen.
Both work good with some lag in-between pictures...just about right for a slide show or with Nokia Beamer you could show a friend how your home screen looks even if they are in a different city.
BTW: I have a Verizon Icon and don't know if it works the same on all WP 8.1.

CJ Johnson1

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a lumia 1020. the app doesnt work. I installed all my laptop no problem. The cable I am using shows my phone and I can look at pictures in the phone file. But the phone does not ask the question???
any ideas?

futra

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

At first, after download and installation, the software shows blank/black screen. After googling around, found a simple solution.

1. On ur pc, go to Device Manager. (Win+X key, select Device Manager)
2. Uninstall the drivers for ur phone. (Don't worry, it will reinstall after reconnect later)
42101d1398315746-windows-phone-8-1-project-my-screen-pc-device_manager.jpg

3. Run the Project My Sreen software. Disconnect and reconnect your phone.
4. On ur phone, it will prompt "Allow screen projection?", tap Yes.
42094d1398312124t-windows-phone-8-1-project-my-screen-pc-windows_phone_8.1_project_my_screen-2.jpg

5. That's it! (if u want to exit full screen, just tap the Esc key)

Andy D2

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
What exactly is the point of the project my display app if you can only project it to your windows pc/laptop?

Surely it would be easier to just use your laptop or transfer any photos/videos with the usb cable?

When I was first reading about this app I (incorrectly it appears) assumed you could hook up your phone to a projector via a usb/VGA adapter as this would actually be useful? Is there no way you can do this?

Thanks
Andy

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
When I was first reading about this app I (incorrectly it appears) assumed you could hook up your phone to a projector via a usb/VGA adapter as this would actually be useful? Is there no way you can do this?

You can use a pc as a 'man in the middle' to do this. This app is for displaying the phone screen on a pc, for whatever reason one might have. There are other apps for displaying files or the screen to other devices. If this doesn't do what you want, look at them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3