Secret Features of Windows Phone 8.1

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Nothing really , remember last time when WP8 was released they had nothing to show , everything was leaked already. All they did was get Jessica alba to show kids corner lol

If they get Scarlett Johansson to do it this time, it will be enough for me.

But yes, I don't expect anything more than the leaks. There was never any positive surprise when it came to WP presentations.

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Maybe not all the FEATURES will be new, but how those features work may be new... For example, the build schedule is out now and one of the discussion topics is (basically) "how to make your app work with cortana"..

Build 2014 | Channel 9 (Wednesday, 4 pm)

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Better sharing experience. Let me start by saying I can customize the apps that I can share to. Yea I know, someone will come and say MS is focused on security... I think that's manageable. I still can't share webpage to WhatsApp? or Viber? Also, I hope we will see "Share to Printer"... After all, MS is well MS... and that should be easy.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I really want landscape options for home screen that functions like win 8.1. Especially for such a big screen like the 1520. It'll be nice to to have the shrink view to see more tiles along with group options. A better folder option wouldn't hurt. Can't wait to see what in store. Definitely need better IE options to copy pic links or really wished Flash work like on RT. Wishful thinking.

Last edited:

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Forgot to mention... opening http links with corresponding apps. For example, if I click on amazon.com product link, I would like that to open with the Amazon app. Same for Youtube when that's available and same for eBay and the list goes on... The only place where this works is the Windows Store links for apps.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Forgot to mention... opening http links with corresponding apps. For example, if I click on amazon.com product link, I would like that to open with the Amazon app. Same for Youtube when that's available and same for eBay and the list goes on... The only place where this works is the Windows Store links for apps.

this

I have been hoping for these features for a very long time. I can only hope that it will finally integrate into the apps more.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
well, that's interesting <3 let's hope they have been working with third party developers and have some apps ready for cortana on BUILD.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
LOL @Skype integration. WebOS had it 4 years ago.

I'm not seeing your point...

Especially since Microsoft didn't own Skype 4 years ago. The acquisition of Skype was completed near the end of 2011. Yes MS released WP8 nearly a year later, but that's barely enough time for the companies to get well integrated and start working together really well.

So having the functionality come out in the next major refresh cycle makes sense, especially if it's deeply integrated into the OS...

I haven't seen anything, but is Satya a better presenter than Steve? Because that will be more than pleasant secret feature.

Yes. I never really hated the presentation style that Steve used, but Satya is a bit more...well I would say traditional in how he approaches his presentations.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
At OP
Secret features in wp8.1 , secret in the word of easter eggs don't know
But there are enought in wp8, just found a blog about easter eggs in Wp8,
quite funny but difficult to let them show them selves.
The one with the homescreen up and down swipes was the easiest one.
Three times up and down and then sidewards to the appslist.
If you do it in the correct order then you see at the bottom suddently a extra "app".
Pin it and you see a message.

A lot more at;
http://www.wp8tipsandtrick./

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
At OP
Secret features in wp8.1 , secret in the word of easter eggs don't know
But there are enought in wp8, just found a blog about easter eggs in Wp8,
quite funny but difficult to let them show them selves.
The one with the homescreen up and down swipes was the easiest one.
Three times up and down and then sidewards to the appslist.
If you do it in the correct order then you see at the bottom suddently a extra "app".
Pin it and you see a message.

A lot more at;
http://www.wp8tipsandtrick./

U r kidding right. So cute.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Are you saying Satya is boring? how is that better?

Not at all. I'm saying that he tends to speak more clearly than Steve, tends to sweat less on stage, and doesn't do monkey dances. :p

If you'll note I also said I didn't hate how Steve did things either. I like both of their styles, but I think folks will appreciate the more professional demeanor Satya has.

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
That's weird, i never really notice the sweating, the clearless speaking (English is not even my real language), and don't remember the monkey dances. monkey dancing. OMG F*ck xD you are talking about Ballmer!!! xD all this time thinking about Steve Jobs xD

I was even gonna shade you about that time when Ballmer went crazy screaming and jumping on stage, but i didn't remember he was also called Steve xD

Now this all makes sense xD i was thinking how is it a good thing that Satya is more formal than Steve (jobs) since Jobs' Keynotes are one of the reasons he was so loved and apple products so praised.

tumblr_m3jg7f9non1r6aoq4o1_500.gif

EDIT: omg i'm watching the video wtf hilarious https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvsboPUjrGc

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
?
No, as you could read in the link, there ar quite a view of those easter eggs.
Somewhere in the middle of the page, beneath the Office eggs
You can also Google/Bing for it

The link that doesn't actually have a TLD at the end?

That's weird, i never really notice the sweating, the clearless speaking (English is not even my real language), and don't remember the monkey dances. monkey dancing. OMG F*ck xD you are talking about Ballmer!!! xD all this time thinking about Steve Jobs xD

I was even gonna shade you about that time when Ballmer went crazy screaming and jumping on stage, but i didn't remember he was also called Steve xD

Now this all makes sense xD i was thinking how is it a good thing that Satya is more formal than Steve (jobs) since Jobs' Keynotes are one of the reasons he was so loved and apple products so praised.

Oops sorry. I hadn't thought about referring to either of them by their last names since that's just not how I do things generally. It would feel weird for me to ever refer to Bill or Steve as Mr. Gates or Mr. Ballmer. Sort of like with Major Nelson...except that's a public persona so I will usually refer to him as that when talking to most people. However in normal conversation he's just Larry. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos