Developer Preview Program - Please read first post before asking questions

Sheamartin

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Here are some suggestions for future developments:
Call history should have long hold with option to call or text back to that number.
Update apps should be able to go directly to the update and not make me go to the store (I know they want to sell me stuff).
Allow random play of music from song list or playlists

ZamanX90

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Developer Preview Program - What Exactly Is It?

HI,

Since installing WP 8.1 I found out some sort of a bug with sounds....
When I'm listening to songs using my headset both of ear buds works perfectly. While listening songs If I choose to answer a call through my headset only left ear bud will work as it's a mono-sound call. But after the call ended and resuming the songs still only left ear bud will work and right is muted. Restarting the phone solves the issue, Anyone knows a solution?

My device is Lumia 820

luke_grech1

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Today, after doing the second update I got to windows phone 8.1. But then another notification update popped up. Thats weird. As far as I know, only two updates were required. How come did I receive the third one? o.o Anyone got a clue what it might be?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Today, after doing the second update I got to windows phone 8.1. But then another notification update popped up. Thats weird. As far as I know, only two updates were required. How come did I receive the third one? o.o Anyone got a clue what it might be?
I don't know what it was, but when I updated my step-daughter's 822 there were three updates.

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

It's some language update of around 9mb.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Went in to change my phone with a broken screen under Assurance program, and the manager told me that 8.1 Preview voids warranty. I told him that if it void anything, it's software. He was assuring me it voids hardware warranty too, which makes no sense at all. Using his logic, 8.1 Preview cracked my screen. After a few minutes, he changed my phone only if I reset it in front of him (even though reset doesn't remove 8.1). Barely changed my phone.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Went in to change my phone with a broken screen under Assurance program, and the manager told me that 8.1 Preview voids warranty. I told him that if it void anything, it's software. He was assuring me it voids hardware warranty too, which makes no sense at all. Using his logic, 8.1 Preview cracked my screen. After a few minutes, he changed my phone only if I reset it in front of him (even though reset doesn't remove 8.1). Barely changed my phone.

You dealt with the uninformed. Unfortunately, they're all over the place. The defense is knowledge. Ask him to show you in writing where the contract says that installing an update voids the warranty.

BarryII

May 8, 2014
Visit site
1. Register as a Dev: Sign in on the App Studio, the process is free and straightforward...

No it's not. First, you didn't provide a link. I couldn't find anything called App Studio on my phone so I tried Google's second result. Then I clicked "OS preview for developers" > "Register as a developer with App Studio" but I didn't see a way to register. I went back and tried "Download the developer tools to register and 'developer unlock' your phone" and followed the instructions until the "All apps view" part. When I couldn't find anything that said "All apps view" I gave up.

omarahum

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
No it's not. First, you didn't provide a link. I couldn't find anything called App Studio on my phone so I tried Google's second result. Then I clicked "OS preview for developers" > "Register as a developer with App Studio" but I didn't see a way to register. I went back and tried "Download the developer tools to register and 'developer unlock' your phone" and followed the instructions until the "All apps view" part. When I couldn't find anything that said "All apps view" I gave up.
There was a link, click/tap on where it says Windows Phone App Studio - Microsoft..... :smile:
****snip****

First, the program is open to anyone who has a developer account. This includes developers who have paid for accounts in the Windows Phone Dev Center (Windows Phone Dev Center), as well as people who have gotten free accounts through the AppStudio program (Windows Phone App Studio - Microsoft). You do not have to be a developer in order to participate, and in fact, if you're hanging out here at WPCentral, you're probably a good candidate, as hanging here implies that you're a Windows Phone enthusiast, and therefore more likely to want the latest, greatest bits as soon as you can get your hands on them.

****snip****

doadrian

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I installed the preview for developer and now I have the win 8.1 update waiting for me.
I changed my mind and want to wait for the "official" update from the carrier. How can I delete the downloaded update? I must add that I uninstalled the Preview App from the phone.

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I installed the preview for developer and now I have the win 8.1 update waiting for me.
I changed my mind and want to wait for the "official" update from the carrier. How can I delete the downloaded update? I must add that I uninstalled the Preview App from the phone.

You must also have to deregister yourself as a developer from the developer site then you will not getting any download notification

doadrian

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Tks for th quick reply. I deregistered from the developer site but the update is still there. Will a reset to factory default erase it from the cache?
Or is there any other solution?

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Tks for th quick reply. I deregistered from the developer site but the update is still there. Will a reset to factory default erase it from the cache?
Or is there any other solution?

No need of hard reset, just do a soft reset and then the update notification should have been gone...

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

You can't just delete the downloaded update and return to WP8.0 if that's what you're asking. Even a hard reset will not take you back. If your phone is a Nokia, it is possible to use the Nokia Care Suite to flash the phone with the old image, but keep in mind you will lose all data in the phone. I have not done this, so I do not know the process first-hand. Here's a post of someone who has: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...a-updater-rolling-back-8-0-a.html#post2533896

djchris763

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I've searched and scanned the forums, can't seem to find anyone else running into this particular issue --

I have an HTC 8XT. I followed the instructions to register with App Studio, downloaded the Preview for Developers app, clicked Enable Preview for Developers, it said "Success!" and said to go into settings and check for updates.

I ran an update that took awhile I was assuming it was 8.1.. but it was 8.0.10521.155.

I checked for updates again, it says I'm up to date already.

Tried hard resetting the phone and retrying the process, it keeps saying I'm already up-to-date.

How do I get the Developer Preview?

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss