Project My Screen feature

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this was already posted, but has anyone gotten the chance to try or see the new Project My Screen feature in action? I'm particularly interested in seeing Miracast wireless display.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Miracast wireless would be exclusive to new hardware (sd 800 or above )
Others can use USB cable for the same :smile: I am waiting for wpcentral to show this feature in action.

Paul Nicholas

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Just connected my phone to my TV and it said USB device not supported, I've got an LG 42LN540V, my monitor doesn't have a USB input so I'll try on a monitor in work tomorrow :)

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Very disappointed with whoever decided existing phones won't support miracast.

The wifi direct module in the 820 and many other WP8 phones is capable of miracast- don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I know of nothing that can actually use wifi direct on WP8 though, so many WP8 phones have an unused bit of hardware sitting in there....

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Very disappointed with whoever decided existing phones won't support miracast.

The wifi direct module in the 820 and many other WP8 phones is capable of miracast- don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I know of nothing that can actually use wifi direct on WP8 though, so many WP8 phones have an unused bit of hardware sitting in there....

Seriously. I feel like a Lumia 900 owner right now not getting Miracast.
Well, on a much smaller scale.

reglu

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I just try connect my Lumia 620 via USB to PC with Win 7 Ultimate and other PC with Win 8.1 Update and Project Screen doesn?t work. Nothing displaying at phone, nothing in PC monitor. Drivers seems to be good, I can see my phone in my devices...Any ideas...???

Nik Rolls

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So what's the point of this feature?
Lots of things. One I can see is playing mobile games on a larger screen. Another is for game reviewers to video their game, or people to Twitch stream their gameplay.

Ultimately, now the feature is there I'm sure many people will find interesting ways of using it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OFFSET