Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

p.vivekkumar

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I am fed up of rebooting again and again but the problem doesn't go away until I reboot the phone.

I'm having an issue with my Lumia 920 earphone/headset..

After 8.1 updation, whenever I plug my headphones, there's no sound coming from the right earphone. When I pull the jack, the sound comes from both sides.

Any ideas ?

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
My live tiles have died...

None of them have updated for 2 days, also noticed my alarms are not functioning.

I've tried soft resetting, switching background tasks off and on in battery saver, unpinning and re-pinning tiles... Looks like the only option I have left is to hard reset :'(

Lumia 720

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
After 8.1 updation, whenever I plug my headphones, there's no sound coming from the right earphone. When I pull the jack, the sound comes from both sides.
Any ideas ?
There seems to be a fair few similar reports. But the first thing to do is isolate the problem.... do the headphones work correctly in another unit? Do other headphones work in the phone? The answer to those two questions will tell you where the fault lies.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I am fed up of rebooting again and again but the problem doesn't go away until I reboot the phone.

I'm having an issue with my Lumia 920 earphone/headset..

Any ideas ?

You do have the option to go back to 8.0

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
My live tiles have died...

None of them have updated for 2 days, also noticed my alarms are not functioning.

I've tried soft resetting, switching background tasks off and on in battery saver, unpinning and re-pinning tiles... Looks like the only option I have left is to hard reset :'(

Lumia 720

Of then when you do a soft reset it stops the live tiles from updating until you restart your phone so try turning off the phone and then back on again and see.

Anand PH

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I am Anand from India and i have installed 8.1 preview (8.10.12382.878) on my Lumia 1320.
My phone completely freezes when i try to install a 500+mb game directly onto the SD card and requires a soft reset.
I seem to face this problem even when transferring a similar game from the phone to SD card.
Has anyone faced this issue? Is there a solution to this or should we await the Official release?

Thanks!
Anand

sunsfan9961

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

I've notice two bugs with this new update on my unlocked 1020 with tmobile:
1. I can no longer hear any notifications, or alarms.
When I navigate to settings>ringtones+notifications>and try to set my ringtone, I can't even get a preview of the sound. When i press the preview/play button, i get backed out into the settings menu again.

2. When I am typing a text and someone else texts me, I get backed out into the main menu/ metro pane menu.

Has anyone else noticed these problems with OS version 8.10.12382.878
I tried a soft reset and a hard reset (factory), but it didn't help.

Thanks

MrSpanky

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi, haven't gone through all all the pages here, so unsure if this has been covered already, so apologies if so!

On certain forums, when I try to reply to a message (this is on "desktop" site view, not "mobile" site view) the keyboard continuously flicks between upper case and lower case letters really fast so I cannot really reply to threads.

This was all fine on the 8.1 initial update, but the second update seems to have made this occur.

Any advice or anyone else suffering with this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Mark

phurisja

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Bug found

IE on my Lumia 920 wp8.1 prev. sometimes crash and OneDrive always make my phone restart itself when I am uploading photos to cloud.

Erick Rmz

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
There seems to be a fair few similar reports. But the first thing to do is isolate the problem.... do the headphones work correctly in another unit? Do other headphones work in the phone? The answer to those two questions will tell you where the fault lies.

Not so few reports. I am one of these, but problem occurs only from time on time. At first time I saw this, my first thinking was my earphones were damaged. But after checked using other earphones, problem persisted. After reset phone audio became normal again. So, only solution I find was to reset... And wait that public version of 8.1 will fix this bug. :/

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
My Messages are set to both sound and vibrate, when i've got sound OFF and only Vibrate on sometimes it doesnt vibrate at all...sometimes it does, inconsistent/

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Cannot get notifications working in apps such as Skype and fb messenger on a Lumia 920 after upgrading to 8.1. Tried reinstalling apps, no luck. Nothing shows up in the new notification center and nothing on the live tiles.

So far it seems like only email account tiles are updating and I'm only seeing those notifications in the new notification center. For Skype and FB Messenger, I get nothing, no toast, no notification, no tile update.

I have already reloaded 8.0 firmware with Nokia Software updater, then did all the updates to 8.1 and still have that issue. I also then did a hard reset and still have the same issue. Checked all settings and can't get it working. Very frustrated at the moment.

Not sure if it matters but mines a Rogers lumia 920 using a voice only t-mobile sim. All testing was done while on WiFi. Also note I have a Rogers Lumia 1020 with voice and data sim. The 1020 is running perfect on 8.1 with zero issues.

Last edited:

Nitesh Tilwani

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I am Anand from India and i have installed 8.1 preview (8.10.12382.878) on my Lumia 1320.
My phone completely freezes when i try to install a 500+mb game directly onto the SD card and requires a soft reset.
I seem to face this problem even when transferring a similar game from the phone to SD card.
Has anyone faced this issue? Is there a solution to this or should we await the Official release?

Thanks!
Anand

MS had recommended to use a Class 6 or above memory card. Check if your memory card is compatible...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

Antony Chan

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is a bug, but i noticed that the "back" button doesn't exit Facebook and Battery Saver cleanly. I have to manually goto Tab mode in order to close the apps.

go1020

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Similar symptoms, but this is how I saw it: Phone call active on car's Bluetooth, switch to speaker (to leave the car), turn off car. Next time I connect, it's sitting at 13. Really annoying. I don't remember seeing this on 8.0.

Well to be completely accurate, mine does not ALWAYS revert to level 13. But it seems to have a pattern. In example, if I first turn OFF my car's Bluetooth, and leave Bluetooth on the phone ON, then when I reconnect them, it remembers the volume.

But, if I do the exact opposite (turn phone's BT OFF, leave car's BT ON then reconnect) then it reverts to 13.

So maybe it reverts back if you turn OFF Bluetooth on the phone? Could you test that and tell us if it happens to you, too?

Anand PH

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Nitesh!
I use a Class 10 Sandisk Ultra.
I also tried on another Class 6 card. Both return the same error.
Will this be an issue related to older firmware not yet ready to support a huge game?
Thanks for your input!

Anand

madio15

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Recently my phone's time has been resetting itself to the 2nd May 2014 @ 17.00. This is throwing everything of sync. A soft reset does not fix this. Anyone else experiencing this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss