Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Pondrew

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else find data connection is lost on sharing internet with a (windows 8.1) asus transformer? In the past the phone itself would regularly lose data connection but since last nights update (touch wood) it's only happened on tethering. just to confirm my plan does include tethering. Nokia Lumia 920 on 3 UK

Pondrew

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Possibly due to my tethering plan not starting for another nine days! :(

At least last nights update seems to have solved my phone losing data connection (as long as I don't tether!)

desitunez

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
hi guys, any one have issues with email notifications not working except just inbox? all emails other inbox doesn't result in any notifcations?

Alex Crampton

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Had the next update last night, found that it got kind off stuck at like 5% for ages.. Even though it had full battery, I found that plugging it into the mains, then I shot through the rest. Little tip maybe for anyone updating.

rikipy

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
2 issues:

-The volumen button and the volumen bar in the notification dont work (need restart the phone for work again )
-USB MTP (plug to pc) dont work again, Windows Recognize Unkwnown USB (need soft reset for work again)

Titanium Claw

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Does anyone have issues with the Windows key not working while an app is open? Alot of times for me I have to press back and while its processing hit the windows key in order for it to recognize it. Sorry for posting this in other threads here. Nokia Lumia Icon Black on VZW

deansmilk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
An on going issue for me, is the random freezing/un responsiveness. With the latest update it has been worse. Its starting to freeze on the lock screen while swiping up to put in a password. It hasn't done this in the past. After updating to the latest os version it froze as well, which it has never done after any update. Usually after an update the phone would perform better, at leat for a few days before the unresponsiveness resumes.

Lumia 1020

Last edited:

davebolton

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I have this issue since I did a hard reset last week. I cannot save a video made with the Camera app (Or Nokia camera app). Taking & saving a photo works fine. When I stop the video it appears to go into the little circular preview in the upper (right?) corner. But then it curiously looks like the last Photo I took. Clicking on it takes me to the camera roll but only the last image there is the last photo I took. I even connected the phone to my computer and the Videos folder is empty.

Any one else seen this?

deansmilk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I have this issue since I did a hard reset last week. I cannot save a video made with the Camera app (Or Nokia camera app). Taking & saving a photo works fine. When I stop the video it appears to go into the little circular preview in the upper (right?) corner. But then it curiously looks like the last Photo I took. Clicking on it takes me to the camera roll but only the last image there is the last photo I took. I even connected the phone to my computer and the Videos folder is empty.

Any one else seen this?

Read through this thread. Maybe it will help you?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...videos-not-getting-saved-after-recording.html

Another thread with more threads within it.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-applications/279860-nokia-camera-not-saving-videos.html

Last edited:

davebolton

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for those links. It does sound like the same issue. Since this phone only has an internal micro SD card I am not sure if I want to go as far as reformatting it. I have looked in the Videos folder from my PC after connecting with a USB cable. And there is nothing there. I have tried maybe 10 short videos over the last day or two. I will post an update if I make any progress on this. I have other phones I can use for this but I am more concerned about frustration for others. I also don't shoot a lot of videos. Though this is not helping me change that. :)

davebolton

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I found out what the issue is here. The date on my phone was off (by a lot) after the hard reset. The videos were picking up an old date (like almost a month ago). So I was not looking back far enough. The video I took yesterday morning has a date of May 2nd. I installed the latest update to 8.1 last night. And the videos I took today had a date of May 21st. My phone has this date. And I did not change it! Weird.

Even weirder is that photos I took on Saturday and Sunday (while on a bike ride) have the right date. I first noticed this when I tried to record a video after the photos while on that bike ride.

That video is not on my phone. Only the videos have dates of 5/2, 5/3 and 5/24. The photos start on 5/24. That is the about the date I did the hard reset. Oh well. Time to move on.

kbsm52

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 925 Bug - If I have music playing through the headphones and a call comes in. Once the call ends, I only hear music playing through the right ear. A restart of the phone fixes the issue though.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Lock and lock sound don't work any more !!

Did you perhaps turn your phone off and on again, or do a soft reset, whilst quiet hours were on?

I did this and when I turned my phone back on it had turned off quiet hours itself but the lock/unlock sound and charger sound didn't work. I simply turned quiet hours on and off again and the sounds came back.

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Bug: Lumia 928 unable to play videos from the browser. embedded video getting the message "unable to play video from this phone Error Code:8007045D". also inside of browser on YouTube video will not play, when you click on a video the screen goes to description and video is never played.

Bruno Arphenia1

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 925 Bug - If I have music playing through the headphones and a call comes in. Once the call ends, I only hear music playing through the right ear. A restart of the phone fixes the issue though.

This annoying bug, even after the last update the preview yesterday the problem was not solved yet, also have a lumia 925. Hopefully the firmware update Cyan Lumia this is resolved.

osars ehi

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Since I upgraded my 925 to windows phone 8.1 I have been having issues watching YouTube on internet explorer. Sometimes when I play a video on YouTube my phone starts unlocking and locking continuously, goes dark and comes back on until I pause or stop the video.
Is anybody else facing this issue too ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos