Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Got Denim on both of my L521 phones today in US. One was DP, the other was not.
os version 8.10.14219.341
firmware rev 3058.50000.1439.0042
Is this real?
Maybe not... reported in other threads to be a bug...

Last edited:

Ssekavuga Joseph

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I want to force 2g network on my new lumia 735 since it has only 3g and 4g in the options. I tried the diagnostic tool ##3282# but its not working. Somebody should help me.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Performance and battery life have significantly decreased since updating my phone to version 8.10.14219.341. The battery drains at 20%/hr (even after soft resets) and I see loading/resuming dots everywhere. Heck, even the keyboard freezes and the phone takes 8 seconds to unlock after typing in my passcode. Running on a Lumia 1020 (w/ Cyan)

Ivaylo Badinov

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Try discharging to 0 (until it powers off by itself), try several times to turn it on and discharge again until no longer turns on, then charge back to 100% without disconnecting. It should fix it. After certain number of charges the battery capacity sensor needs to be calibrated, but usually after update it gets the wrong levels and need calibration (using the previous steps). You could do it several times to be sure. Also having many background apps (including messengers), Cortana and many live tiles (including the new battery tile) will significantly increase consumption. So you could turn off Location to disable Cortana, always close the programs and remove some unused live tiles.

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Well probably the last time I bother to post in this forum as I'm sure all focus will soon shift to WP10 and the whole sorry saga of bug reporting/fixing (not fixing) will start up afresh. So as a final farewell here are the two major bugs with 8.1.1.1 Cyan PfD on my Lumia 620, CV, UK. Backup, despite thousands of reports from users Backup still does not work giving only the irritating "There has been a problem..." error message and yes, I have read all the many forum suggestions and tried all of them and trust me they do not work. So MSFT continue to ignore this major bug in their OS.
Internet Explorer still crashes whenever it has to deal with large web pages or HTML5 video - pathetic excuse for a browser. Hopefully the new 'Spartan' browser will actually work, I really hope so.
So there you go, just my observations/opinions on what is otherwise a fairly good phone OS, shame about the lack of apps support though.

darksun9210

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
one of my guys at work talked me into the developer preview, from that point on things have gotten progressively worse with less and less apps working, or able to be updated to work.
so current situation is that I have a Lumia 1520 with the latest Denim update on Vodafone UK. and it is now effectively just a phone, with the "smart" removed.
I have reset the phone, I have wiped and reloaded the phone, I have done everything I can think of. even that hold power and volume buttons till you get the exclaimation mark on the screen and then volume up, volume down, power, and volume down to do a full factory reset.
I am unable to add a Microsoft account to the handset. which would tally up with the problems I was having after activating the devpreview, and before the wipe and reload. no Hotmail emails, no calendar updates, all application updates failing, no Skype notifications, yada yada yada.
so after the wipe. I can add my google mail and yahoo accounts, but not my MS account. xbox live, Skype, mail email, office365, even facebook, linkedin or twitter. basicly everything that makes this phone usefull.
you hit accounts, add MS account, and boom blank screen with the scrolling red dots. no connection problem notifications, no nothing. just signal, battery, and time at the top.

so where do I go from here? wait for windows 10? :unhappy:

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
@darksun
Did you do a restore using the Nokia Recovery Tool? I have it installed on my Windows 7 PC. Not sure if it is available on Win 8. There may be a link somewhere here on WP or here Nokia Software Recovery Tool - Download Download the Tool, use USB cable to connect phone to PC and run program.
It does take some time to download the first time and run the program so be patient. I seem to remember it took over an hour or so the first time to download and run. It will wipe all your data but hopefully it is all backed up to your MS account and will restore once you restart and do setup.
If you have already tried this route, try again.
As a last resort, call Nokia but don't mention anything about Prev for Dev.

Last edited:

Alex8704

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
wifi bug after wp 8.1 update

Hi i need someone to help me out. I recently updated my lumia 520 to wp 8.1 version 8.10.12393.890 and now I can?t connect to internet at my school. I use a squid proxy and when I try to connect trough wifi, it requests my user name and password again and again, everything worked fine in wp 8 black update. I would like to know if this issue was solved in later version I mean Denim update. Thanks

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: wifi bug after wp 8.1 update

Hi i need someone to help me out. I recently updated my lumia 520 to wp 8.1 version 8.10.12393.890 and now I can?t connect to internet at my school. I use a squid proxy and when I try to connect trough wifi, it requests my user name and password again and again, everything worked fine in wp 8 black update. I would like to know if this issue was solved in later version I mean Denim update. Thanks
Are you able to connect to internet via wifi anywhere (away from school)?

Steven Guillemet

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
When listening to music via inbuilt music app, if pausing and un-pausing numerous times the volume will randomly stick at its current level and cannot be increased or decreased. If you then try and kill the application by holding down the back button and closing the music app, the app continues running/playing even though it appears to have closed, phone requires a reboot to rectify.

Nokia 830
OS 8.10.14226.359

Last edited:

lucascannon

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Hello:

I have recently began having major problems on my Nokia Lumia 1020. At first it began with a few apps here and there saying "app corrupted: try buying the app or re-installing." The first apps were a few games, but then it began happening with core apps like 'Games' and 'Music.'

I cannot update anything from the store either through Wi-Fi or Data. I cannot update the phone's software. And now when I reboot the phone, it takes about 10 minutes for it to detect that I have a sim card installed. Once it does, I typically can only use Messaging and Phone. Any other app freezes the phone completely. This includes Settings! I can't even hard reset my phone! What do I do??

rosaria liyanage

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
on the second update of WP8.1 since the wheels have kept on rotating, it hasn't stop for since forever :crying: i don't know what to do... even though i tried the hard reset, the same thing keeps on happening> rotation of the wheels and then the blue screen. somebody please help me:crying::crying::crying: i guess the same problem from the above comment. i need help! I'm in desperate mode since yesterday :cry:

Last edited:

Britney_B

May 9, 2015
Visit site
My Verizon Samsung ATIV SE a couple of months after updating to Windows 8.1, does not allow group messaging and mms cannot be received or sent, saying: "Get media content now" (when receiving) and "Can't send message Try again." When clicking on either the phone acts as if it is trying to download or send, but comes back with the same message each time. I checked all my setting and they are all as they should be, so what else can I do?

Budi Satria

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
My problem is "Bug: Already working apps from WP8 don't even open anymore."
it happens on July 1st 2015, every apps that i download from store, and even music, video, xbox games, can't open anymore. I already hard reset from settings>about>reset your phone, but it still doesn't fix it, everything still don't open anymore. Long time ago, yes i use Developer Preview, but after the original Lumia Cyan is out, i never use Dev. Prev anymore, and everything is fine, until July 1st 2015, please help me.. sorry for my bad English.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05