Succesful WP8.1 updates on Icon?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm not seeing the "Show me more/less" tiles option on the icon? It should be in the "start + theme" menu, correct?

I don't believe it is an option on the Icon to use less than the 3 columns, since the Icon is a 5" phone.

Hehe.. I took these pics. They were screenshots from another device, placed on the Lumia Icon. If you look closely, you might be able to see a smudge on the lower right corner to hide the three dots from the Gallery

So the Icon does not have the option to go from three columns to two. But the official Windows Phone twitter handle still posts this. I don't dislike having three columns. In fact, I probably prefer three columns to two. But it'd still be nice to have options.

iconwut.png

https://twitter.com/windowsphone/status/480058763119169536

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
LOL - yeah, that's not accurate. I wonder if it was taken while running a pre-release build that didn't have the three columns yet. Must have.

WAG357

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I love the 8.1 update on my Icon so far. I do have the power button wake slowness.
It seems to happen if the phone has been sitting for a while. It doesn't matter on mine whether I'm on WiFi or LTE.
I DID notice that if I hit the button and the screen doesn't wake I just have to be patient and 99% of the time it will wake in about 10 seconds.

But please phone makers/MS, give us an SD card slot and join this century! Just because iPhone doesn't have it isn't a good enough reason to deny it to us!

EwingMCSE

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I had a few weeks of running hot and battery drain issues and assorted weirdness, but over the last several weeks it's been smooth sailing. Battery lasts through the day with usually 30-45% to spare and I rarely have any of the delay issues anymore.

I love the new features (notification center, swipe, transparent tiles, cortana) so it feels like a great big bag of WIN.

boomerod

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I am too. I've noticed that if I hold it down a moment longer than I'm used to (and before the update) it comes on. It also works with what I would term a normal press, but sporadically. Sometimes, after the second normal press it comes on....it's annoying to say the least.

jkishoret

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Installed windows 8.1 preview on both of my phones Lumia icon and Lumia 920 almost 3 weeks back ... observed few issues with lumia Icon
1. if the phone is kept idle for some time and then if we try to wake it up .. it either hangs or lags in lunching the tiles ... keeps showing loading and dots.
2. Camera response is slow ... its a hell to take a perfect shot of my kid ... always blured. But found a solution to it ... i installed Adobe Photoshop app ... when ever i want to take a snap of moving object i just launch the adobe photoshop app and launch the camera from that app .. set the mode to sport and it takes great shots of moving objects.
3. lock and unlock sounds wont work at times... alternative found ... press volume down until phone goes into vibrate mode then volume up all the way ... then it starts working

Rest all are working fine ... few have reported battery drain issue . .but i dont have any .. infact i am gettgin almost 36+ hours of batter.

All the above issues are for lumia icon ... About my lumia 920 i can say only one word .... AWESOME !!! ... no issues what so ever :)

Bas Buiting

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm having this issue too. And disappointing to see that people discuss all kind of things here, while the subject is the non responsive power button! what do I care where you have your lunch and do your update. Please Nokia or Microsoft do something about this issue as I am about to throw my phone out of the window.

Power button not functioning at all. Hard reset (which needs that power button) is not working. Removing the battery and sim card is possible however the phone won't switch on using the stupid button, only by attaching the phone to the usb will turn it on. Problem still there.

I have a Nokia Lumia 620.

jkishoret

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Guys I have a good news ... U can also try ... After installing Microsoft live lock screen app in my icon ... I don't see the lag during unlock ... Display comes up immediately... Try the app.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Tried that lock screen for a week didn't help and got rid of it, still lags to wake up my icon. Only by turning off wifi does it have no lag. Didn't care much for the lock screen anyway. Better ones in the store imo.

Cj Yeahdamnright

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
well i've experienced the same error on my 920 lumia today...its still not working and the advice for a soft reset is pretty useless, until the power button isn't working yet..

what a shame...i love my lumia....the only way i can wake up the phone is using volume up + camera button.. :/

the next move im going to do is to drain up the battery life and recharge it, i hope it helps, otherwise the phone is dead - because i cant turn if on again ( power button rip)

christoph

Wobbage

May 30, 2016
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 520. I haven't had a single problem with it until recently. I tired of clicking ignore to the update prompt over the last couple of months and clicked it. The updates installed and now my phone is running 8.1. Now I have had issues with an unresponsive power button. Issues turning it on and off. Now I also have issues with rapid draining of my battery.

I was unable to soft reset. I was unable to use the buttons to reset. I did a factory restore from the About menu and still the issues persist. Someone says this is due to firmware. I am prompted that no new updates are necessary when I try to update again. It is far past the test phase as it's May 29 2016..... what am I supposed to do to get functionality back? Is there help or a fix for this?

Wobbage

May 30, 2016
Visit site
did you ever get a fix for this? I just updated my Lumia 520 (May 29 2016) and now my power button is unresponsive and I am experiencing rapid power drain

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05