Preview 8.1 Change List

GraceFA60

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
yes, I love it, very sweet. and when you pull down the notification center, the battery percentage and month/date also come out, very convenient.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Both Here Drive and Maps work fine for me and did not require any updates. Im in Calif. btw.
Your apps updated automatically. Mine couldn't update without access to the store. My access to the store was restored last night after I did a factory reset. Works great now. :smile:

Danjp

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
There is an option when your in a call to use Skype for video, the button is grayed out, maybe waiting for an update to the Skype app.

akashpats

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The new changed "Maps" is also awesome. With now gesture support, dragging two fingers simultaneously up or down changes the angle of view making it from 2D to 3D. Spinning the two fingers in clockwise or anticlockwise rotates the maps. Love that changes!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Going to bing.com in IE takes you to Cortana. Gonna miss seeing the daily image on the phone, since it doesn't appear that there is any way to get to it now.

hyderaly

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Here's another change... Not so welcome... The phone alarm doesn't sound when the ringer is set to vibrate... And that's a bummer... Considering that I do want to turn the ringer off when going to sleep but count on the alarm to wake me up.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Here's another change... Not so welcome... The phone alarm doesn't sound when the ringer is set to vibrate... And that's a bummer... Considering that I do want to turn the ringer off when going to sleep but count on the alarm to wake me up.

Use quiet hours to block the ringer at night.

RafRol

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Going to bing.com in IE takes you to Cortana. Gonna miss seeing the daily image on the phone, since it doesn't appear that there is any way to get to it now.

We're going to have to rely on the Windows Phone Insider app to get our daily image. :eck:

Edit: I just noticed that Danjp also had a good point...

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
How to set swipe keyboard?Please help
1. Turn on your phone.
2. Go to a place where text entry is required.
3. Start swiping.

There's nothing to set up. The keyboard is always able to swipe and always able to type normally. You can switch back and forth at will.

mariusfilip

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro