Process1 initialization failed ?

treetownal

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Stuck on BSOD

(0% complete)
If you'd like to know more, you can search online later for this error:
PROCESS1 INITIALIZATION FAILED

Can't seem to reset the phone, just stuck on the BSOD. Anyone have a suggestion?

aivanm

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Had the same thing happen when I tried to update my L925. I held down on the volume key along with the power buttong for a couple of seconds, then the phone rebooted to the cog wheel screen. It seems to be updating, but I can not be sure. I'll get back to you in about an hour.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Stuck on BSOD

(0% complete)

Can't seem to reset the phone, just stuck on the BSOD. Anyone have a suggestion?

Had the same thing happen when I tried to update my L925. I held down on the volume key along with the power buttong for a couple of seconds, then the phone rebooted to the cog wheel screen. It seems to be updating, but I can not be sure. I'll get back to you in about an hour.

Ditto

Volume Up + Volume Down + Power = Reboot and Updating Cogs

61% done migrating data

treetownal

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Thank all! After a good scare, I was able to use the power + volume rocker and after about three hours all said and done I am blissfully back and with a new OS. Appreciate your help.

hammerhand

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I got the same problem. Reset with volume down + power, then it booted to the gears for about 30 seconds and shut off. Tried disconnecting the battery and the same thing happened. Any luck with yours?

astroboy#WP

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Had the same problem on the most recent update to windows phone 8.1. A soft reset resolved the issue. Went through the gears again and took 30-45 minutes. But I was happy to see it fixed up.

MrA2Z

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Facing same problem on recent update of WP 8.1. Reset using volume down + power and it rebooted to the cog wheel. Progress bar is at the start and not showing any percentage, crucial time :unhappy:

UPDATE: Cog wheel disappears after 1 hr 20 mins, now migrating data. Hopefully everything will be fine.

Last edited:

Langooss

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I've just got the same failure message..Right after downloading. Volume plus power button and the problem was solved. Thanks you people!!

Amarildo Elezi

May 16, 2014
Visit site
this happen to in my nokia lumia 920 what should i do ??Stuck on BSOD

(0% complete)

ami gonna lose all my work ???

sasaen01

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
This just happened to me. I was able to do as other posters suggested and soft reset the phone (volume down + power). I'm on the spinning cogs now and the progress bar does seem to be moving. Ty everyone who suggested to reset the phone!!

It's alive!! Update complete and all is well 😊

Last edited:

Tifoura Mohamed

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Sur mon Nokia Lumia 1020 sous WP 8.1

(0% complete)

1 - Appuyer longuement sur la touche volume - et la touche Power en m?me temps;
2 - Installer sur l'ordinateur le programme ( Nokia Software Updater For Retail_V 4.2.1 );
3 - apr?s le red?marrage de votre t?l?phone brancher le ? l'aide d'un cable USB ? votre ordinateur sous Windows 7 ou 8;
4 - le programme (Nokia Software For Retail ) le reconna?tra et suit les instruction;

Il faut revenir ? WP 8.0 black

Pjw1008

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
OMG! My heart just about stopped, every since I downloaded the preview my husband has been going on about the likelihood of my phone crashing! So glad I found this, my phone is in the process of updating now and seems that it will be working properly again. Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss