No Cellular Data 8.1

dwills18

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes just like video above. Can't get it to turn on. Tried soft reset and rebooted about 20 times after playing with settings. Arggg... was so looking forward to this update!

azedddine

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
i also had this issue, but it's resolved by setting the APN (Access Point Name) manually according to the provider of my SIM card (i'm from morocco)

DrewT3

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
My APN screen won't save after I enter the data... I press the save button, it locks up for 10 seconds, then puts me on the prior screen without saving anything.

engineermoore

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
My mobile data isn't working either. I checked all my APN settings with my network and they were all fine. Tried a hard reset but still no luck. Don't really know what to do now

Further, tried turning off data sense compression and it still doesn't work. I have tried the sim card in another phone (running windows phone 7.8) and everything loads correctly. Really confused with this issue.

P.S. It seems Microsoft are aware of the issue.
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...phone-81?forum=winphoneosissues&prof=required

Last edited:

Benito Sifuentes

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Well when I was on with a sprint rep he told me to enter this into my phone (granted this worked for sprint not sure if it will work with other companies) ##72786# which let reset my service. Then when that failed he told me to enter in ##786# which allowed me to reset my phone completely based off my service. Then the next step was to go into the Activate Your Device under the settings and it activated perfectly fine.. told me what my number was how much texts I sent and my data that I have used. So yeah works for me now

Steve Parish

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Finally got mine working too. Had to do a hard reset. Then I had a scary moment where nothing was on my phone just data sense on the home screen. Another reboot and the restore back up kicked in. I'm now a happy 8.1 user.

weedog1889

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I tried soft reset. Still no mobile data in ie11 changed region back to UK still no data in ie11. But uc browser works ( I hate uc browser but now pleased I still had it install ed)

Sonic98

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I think I was having data problems before the Update. I seem to remember not being able to get the weather than morning on cellular or wi-fi. I did the update, and everything seemed to work fine for a while. Yesterday I went back to not being able to get online with either cellular or wifi. This morning I did a master reset. Everything worked fine. Now, I'm back to only being able to connect with Wifi. I'm getting no Data despite having full bars and seeing a 4G icon on my phone.

AT&T
Lumia 520
US

adamx98

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I realize this is like, a year after the fact... but this issue seems to be popping back up again with the W10 install. I have this exact problem on my 920 after installing the Insider preview (10166).

I'd rather not do a hard reset if possible. Still looking around for alternate solutions.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue on my Lumia Icon. Now I am afraid to hard reset or install Windows 10 because the only fix for me has been to activate a different Straight Talk SIM card and then use that (using Verizon Straight Talk LTE).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes