windows phone 8.1 errors

mortalgun

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I dont have calender, music player why is this? (and what is whit the xbox happened? wp store down?)
So please reply when you have the same problem
(sorry for my bad english)

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Two words - Developer Preview. You've installed pre-release software and now you're upset when your toys break? This is meant for developers to hack on and test their apps. It's not meant for mass consumption yet because it's not a finished product. You volunteered to be a guinea pig when you downloaded it so don't complain now because it's your own fault.

rysliv

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
If you have problems installing/updating apps such as getting an error 80860006. Just go to your settings and update your Microsoft Account information. The store is down for me as well, but I am not so concerned about this. I am just glad to not have any other issues.

Also, the developer preview was not meant to be used by consumers but rather by developers, so don't expect these updates to be completely bug free.

mortalgun

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Two words - Developer Preview. You've installed pre-release software and now you're upset when your toys break? This is meant for developers to hack on and test their apps. It's not meant for mass consumption yet because it's not a finished product. You volunteered to be a guinea pig when you downloaded it so don't complain now because it's your own fault.

I thought there is a fix or something for my problem. This is why I started this thread. And I know that this is only a preview for dev.

Espeland

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If you have problems installing/updating apps such as getting an error 80860006. Just go to your settings and update your Microsoft Account information. The store is down for me as well, but I am not so concerned about this. I am just glad to not have any other issues.

Also, the developer preview was not meant to be used by consumers but rather by developers, so don't expect these updates to be completely bug free.
I don't get the option to update my Microsoft account information, only sync it. What do I do? Is a reset necessary?

blakelawless

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I know I know I know windows 8.1 is developer and us at your own risk. I am a Developer. So here my problem I upgraded to 8.1 but it lock my Microsoft account to my Yahoo account. So using Cortona or many apps keeps asking me for my windows password, but I cant change the email from my yahoo and Microsoft dosnt know that password. I have many Microsoft accounts, MSDN, Azure, 365, Xbox Live and I sure I had a Hotmail years ago. Went to Microsoft store and they were no help, used my msdn tech support no help......... All telling me to back up phone and reset. Not the end of the world but being a developer I like to look for solutions... So I have a live account and I log in and I figure if I just create a alias with my yahoo address all will be good and I still think this. But live will not let me create a alias cause I have used it in another MS account. I sure I have I have been MS for 10 years. So has anyone had this problem or is there a way to figure out where I used that yahoo email address in Microsoft. And Microsoft offer no help.... Thank you to anyone that can help..... error code 80860006 is what I get

Aku MHM

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
mine have the same problem too & can't quite figure how to update microsoft account. But when i launch onedrive, it's requesting me to login my microsoft account & fill up some details. When it's done there's no problem with the app update :)

frandu

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
mine have the same problem too & can't quite figure how to update microsoft account. But when i launch onedrive, it's requesting me to login my microsoft account & fill up some details. When it's done there's no problem with the app update :)

Did the same thing but had to turn on two step verification before, and then no problems works just fine.

Ayelet Rose

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I Get the massage Error code 80860006 when I try to update application on my windows phone.

When I go to settings\Microsoft account\ I can't chance the User name that is written there, I can only enter a password.

When I write my Microsoft password it don't anything, just return again and asking for Microsoft password.

What should I do?

Thank you for your answer.

Ayelet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923