Video app in WP 8.1 crashing

eashwar

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what is the problem but my video app after updating to windows phone 8.1 gets crashing always?? Does anyone getting the same problem??

satya507

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
yeah same problem here . the video app is crashing , it doen't even start also. as i tap to open the app it starts and closes itself

eashwar

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
When I'm playing any video from my phone it closes saying that Xbox video is offline try again later.... I'm in India and anyone happen to have the same problem??

agion1

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Same with me. Not the same for my friend with 8.1. I suspect we all had the updated Xbox video app on our phone before the update, whereas he did not (pretty sure). If it bothers me enough I will wipe the phone and not pull from the backup. I bet that would fix it, but who knows.

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes, definitely having issues. I was excited to get my movies downloaded, but only 1 of them downloaded without a license error.

Now when I open it I get a very long syntax error beginning with... {issueinstant and a bunch of syntax followed. Reboots did not help.

Aschker

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem, but I have sort of a solution when it comes to your personal video files: Connect your phone to your pc and move the files to a folder within your picture folder. Then you can open your photo library on your phone and play the videos from there. That works!

Superzar

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Happening here to with my 8X. I'm starting to suspect it crashes whenever it has problems signing into the Xbox video account. At my workplace I use wifi thru a major firewall (MANY sites content blocked)... and it ALWAYS crashes. As soon as I put it in AIRPLAIN mode - it works! :smile: Clearly a bug that will hopefully get patched-up soon. It would be interesting if anyone else can also try this and report back.

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
No syntax errors this morning. It loads the app fine. The one movie I do have downloaded will not play though. "The video failed to play, retry".

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded a movie that worked previously on 8.0 (Black Hawk Down) and it doesn't work.
I re-downloaded Lord of the Rings, still doesn't work.

Both same error:

"The video failed to play. Retry." It's on a gray-ish screen in white text with a big play button in a circle in the middle of the screen.

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Also on other movies I own such as the Hobbit or Return of the King I get "download failed. Failed to acquire license for download." when trying to download them to my phone from Xbox Video.

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Also on other movies I own such as the Hobbit or Return of the King I get "download failed. Failed to acquire license for download." when trying to download them to my phone from Xbox Video. (but I also had this error on WP 8.0)

rQvsnaps

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
The video player is just awful :(
Regarding personal videos I can get it working by moving videos into a new folder in "pictures" - as long as they are local I can even search/fast forward with the slider making it easy to skip.
However, opening any kind of video link for streaming the slider is gone leaving only the skip 30 seconds button, even though its mostly working (but sometimes freezing the video - only fix is to reload it allowing you to hit "skip 30 seconds another million times) - every time you skip you also get to listen to cracking sounds for each increment - even on silent mode!!

Absolutely rubbish, I cant believe this was not updated with 8.1

I made the mistake of playing with a S5 today, though I refuse going back to android it kind of made me miss the days of "Dont like the built in stuff? Just replace the default player with something that works"

If only you could download the 1020 camera from play store :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786