Third row of tiles makes start screen too small on 4.5" and below

Mayur

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I think it takes little while to get used having smaller tiles and extra column, initially I found it to be to dis-orienting, did not like it. But having for a while and changing few tiles around. Now I think I am getting used it. 😊

Jonny702

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the screen looked really cluttered at first because I used to use a lot of small tiles. I switched a lot to small and medium and I find it's a lot better now

RyoTGZ

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I like the smaller tiles. It actually makes my 720P screen look 720P. I must say that the small tiles are almost too small, but it gives me more room to use the medium and large tiles a lot more than I did.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
They're not too small to be usable (and I'm on a Lumia 521), only too small compared to before... I got used to it pretty quickly. But I prefer to have the large tile go all the way from side to side, so I'll probably go back to how it was before... I love that we have the option at least

Last edited:

Goodeye

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I enabled 3 and love it. There was the one MS employee on here saying folks with the 925 and similar phones would hate it as it would make the small box size even smaller. While I have big hands, I'm loving the 3 columns on my 925 and have had no issues with using the varying tile sizes.

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
I like the medium/large tiles but the small ones are too tiny on my Lumia 920 for me. Most of my current tiles are small so switching means I get less on the home screen.

I like it on my 520. I only use that for Music GPS in my car so I can fit everything on the home screen nicely using medium/ large tiles and the icons are easier to work with while driving.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
So far I like it on my 925 although it took a few minutes to get used to the look. Could end up changing it back if I decide they're too small.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
They definitely look small, I tried to set it up twice, but then reconsidered haha. Maybe I'll enable it again in the future when I feel more comfortable with the small sizes

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I like turning it on, but only using the medium and large tiles so far.

​Especially with the new start screen backgrounds. Having more big tiles makes the background image show through. I used to hate having the huge tiles even though they'd often show more information, but now I like them again. A welcome addition without taking away the old if people preferred it that way.

Danjp

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I found the extra real estate gave me the option to make many of my small tiles medium and some medium tiles large, it's a nice option.

leops1984

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Tried it briefly with my 920. It was a bit too small for me - but I do use the small tiles extensively, and six squares wide on the 920 is really tiny.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos