Microsoft Camera vs. Nokia Camera

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I always have to set my white balance to Incandescent in Nokia camera to get good pictures out of it, once I do though the colors come out looking alright. Haven't given the stock camera a try yet though.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I know what you mean man I had to always have it at to florescent to get a half decent picture. Stock camera is now Microsoft Camera if you have 8.1. If you don't have 8.1 yet you are seriously missing out.

WinU

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I know this post is some what old but I was wondering how people were feeling today on this topic? With the Nokia Camera update a few days ago I was curious which people prefer or which is actually the better camera to use. Thank you!

Liz Pommer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
This is an interesting thread but I am having trouble working out which is the MS camera and which is the Windows camera. I have a Lumia 930 and since the denim update have a Lumia Camera and Lumia Camera Classic - is one of these the MS or Windows camera or are they completely different? I can't find any lens in the store called MS camera or Windows camera - can anyone help clear this up?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
This is an interesting thread but I am having trouble working out which is the MS camera and which is the Windows camera. I have a Lumia 930 and since the denim update have a Lumia Camera and Lumia Camera Classic - is one of these the MS or Windows camera or are they completely different? I can't find any lens in the store called MS camera or Windows camera - can anyone help clear this up?

This should (hopefully) answer your questions.

Lumia Camera: A tale of three, very confusing apps | Windows Central

As for the Microsoft Camera, it's yet another camera, created before Microsoft bought Nokia. The denim update removed it from the app list. You can still access it by going into settings > applications > photos+camera and setting it as the default camera app. It's still the only one that lets you tap anywhere on the screen to take a picture.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes