No more song titles over Bluetooth

Gravity oXo

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else tried using Bluetooth with 8.1 Xbox music? I no longer see song title/artist info like I did with 8.

Everything else works fine, but not getting artist/song info is a bummer. Has anyone found a solution, or is this just a bug?

A little more information: Kenwood car stereo, Lumia 920.

codynunes

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
It must be capable phone wise. I'm using the super outdated Spotify app and mine streams over. I think it is controlled by the same function that displays track info when you press the volume button.

Check your advanced BT settings and see if the connect in a different way button is checked, or delete the connection and re-pair

Randy Gleason

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I had the issue and the fix was to remove and add all the music back. BUT, it also doesn't auto connect to my car anymore. It connects voice but not music, so I have to disable bluetooth and reenable for it to play music.

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I had the issue and the fix was to remove and add all the music back. BUT, it also doesn't auto connect to my car anymore. It connects voice but not music, so I have to disable bluetooth and reenable for it to play music.
for me it still automatically connects to my car but it doesn't display song title. It just says Bluetooth

Gravity oXo

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Mine will automatically reconnect, like before. But, only for voice. It added all my music when I first launched the app. When it reconnected to my car this morning, I gave it a bit and then just hit the "shuffle" on the collection page.

I've also noticed that, at least on my phone, the live tile and artist picture on the lock screen no longer work either.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Drove last night and the song information displayed correctly on my car stereo (Pioneer model I installed myself a while ago).

Gravity oXo

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. Does it start playing automatically once connected as well?

I tried removing, then pairing my phone again, just in case that had anything to do with it. It didn't seem to make a difference. I did switch the display on my stereo to show time elapsed, and that still works. I'm not sure if that information is transferred over bluetooth or not though.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it started playing music once connected. At first I thought of deleting the connection and pairing again but I wanted to see what would happen if I didn't and it just worked fine.

Gravity oXo

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Strange. Well, thanks for the taking the time to post this. I'm not sure why it would be any different in my situation. Unless Kenwood stereos handle it differently. I learn more towards a software issue, since it was working fine before.

Gravity oXo

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity, are you guys streaming music or is it downloaded to your phone? After starting my music this morning (it still doesn't automatically start playing when Bluetooth is connected) it played a few songs, then it got to one that was saved on my phone and displayed the Song/Artist information. It seems it's related to streaming music.

mikeycl

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Gotta say i haven't driven since the weekend so not tried it. gonna be driving to a friends so will see then.

i tend to keep the music i want downloaded so as not to cut into my data allowance.

just tried it now at work with my bluetooth headset and it was fine with streamed and local content and displayed all the track info.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity, are you guys streaming music or is it downloaded to your phone? After starting my music this morning (it still doesn't automatically start playing when Bluetooth is connected) it played a few songs, then it got to one that was saved on my phone and displayed the Song/Artist information. It seems it's related to streaming music.

Downloaded here.

Gravity oXo

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Back to post an update to this issue. After a few days, Xbox Music still won't show song/artist info no my car stereo. It will show the artist/song info if the song is located locally. Also, when reconnecting to Bluetooth it no longer automatically starts playing my music.

However, yesterday I was playing around with voice controls in my car and asked it to play a song. Voila, it shows artist/song information. So I said "Play random song" to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Boom. Shows song/artist information again.

So, for anyone else that may come across this thread, apparently if you use voice control to start music you will see artist/song information. Not a fix, but at least a work around to see the song info.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried streaming songs yet but I will next time I am in my car.

One thing I've noticed is that it looks like my Bluetooth volume (in the phone) is not being remembered anymore. I have had to increase the past couple of times but I am not really sure so I will be double checking this as well.

Gravity oXo

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed that as well. It seems like if my phone dies (the battery life has reduced significantly with this update, though I'm sure this will be ironed out once Nokia includes their update) then the bluetooth volume is reset.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05