Google mail is syncing but app tells me its not.

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused. The app has an error message that says it cant sync mail when it can. Is it a bug?

Yeah I noticed that too. My mail is coming through on my 3 gmail accounts but in settings>email+accounts it says that they aren't up to date. No idea what is going on there. Sometimes my Microsoft account will update and other times it would say not up to date too.

Jeebus137

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Under email + accounts my gmail account is greyed out and says its syncing and hasn't changed all day...

Before the update I had this account turned off (it's my wife's) so its not even listed in the app list.

I tried to add the account again but it knew I already had it in the list.

I'm out of options, any suggestions?

anon(5349548)

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
No issues here with gmail sync of any sort..been syncing push since updating my 1520 this morning email calendars contacts all sync as i know cuz i use that as my main email, contact sync and calendar

paugo

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the tip!

Note: it may seem obvious, but it took me a minute to realize that calendar syncing must be enabled for the "Calendar server (CalDAV)" setting to be configurable. So long as calendar syncing is not ticked, the CalDAV box remains greyed out.

echan

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
this was working fine a few days ago. google must be screwing with their settings for calendar access. the last dev note about this from last month (https://developers.google.com/google-apps/calendar/caldav/v2/guide#new_endpoint) says that the Google server address is deprecated and to use at your own risk so this temp fix posted here might not be working soon. thx for the info though. it got my calendar working again on the phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99