Help--stuck in narrator mode

karthikkini

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Seems like a lot of users installing WP 8.1 preview update are facing this issue.
I read in another post (Thanks to the user post), the only way to disable narrator when its active is to press the Volume up key and double tap on the Windows home key.. This should bring the phone back to normal mode..

Reza Mirjalili

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi every body
this is the way that you get rid of this narrator thing!

"Press and hold the Volume Up button, and then press the Start Start button button to turn Narrator on or off."

Argia Montgomery

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I held the volume up button down and double clicked the windows home key underneath it the home key where the phone is black. It told me narrator is off. I was so relieved!!! Been up all night trying to figure it out.

Donna Gordon

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Wanted to sat thanks to whomever discovered how to get out of Narrator, spoke with AT&T, call center couldn't help suggested I refer to tutorial when that didn't help I googled and ended up here and within 30 seconds my phone was back to normal. BIG THANKS!! Holding volume key did the trick.

savannah cespedes

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
i understand hold the volume up button and then the small window icon at the bottom of your screen i was doing the same thing you was pressing the button on the side but then i tried that and it worked and i was soooo relieved

Cive1

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Once I was stuck in it too, then I realised that when you turn up the volume its saying :D I turned it off by going to settings and just scrolling down. Its another way how to disable it.

Barbara538

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I somehow got into narrator and I too didn't know how to exit the tool. This answer is the one that worked for my Lumia 822 with 8.1 update.
Thank you :wink:

Shay 1

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Note: when it tells you to hit the start button on your phone, It's not the button on the side of your phone it the window icon on the bottom on the screen. Hold the up volume button and hit the window icon start button. Narrator will disconnect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett