Battery life with WP 8.1

rickmpr

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Very simple, at night i usually kept my 620 in flight mode, like that the battery draining was close to zero.
Yesterday (with 8.1 installed) I've made the same as usual, the battery drained 15%...not normal!

Ramin Hossein Zad

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
That's good to hear. Can you post the apps that you have installed and the accounts you have enabled on your device. It'll help others out too.

i have a lot of apps
Nimbuzz-skype-viber-onefootball-mixradio are the ones i use most however what's app -wechat-facebook and others are installed but i don't use them very much
games are well every free game :D plus rayman fiesta and halo spartan
Two Live mail account on 15 minute update cycle

a whole lot of pinned tiles

TheRotfler

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
At this time, Battery saver seems better to be disabled.
After doing that, my Live Tiles resumed working (sadly, WP8.1 doesn't solve live tiles issues) and my battery draining came back to normal.
That's just my experience.

WP8.1 has really a lot of bugs.. and that gets worse 'cause app can't handle new OS version (i.e. Battery detects power saving as always on, even when battery percentage is above 20%)

sonosp

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm down to 90% after 4 hours, larger drain than I'd like. That was with some Readit usage on 3G with some light texting also.
Only Cortana, WiFi and whatsapp enabled, UK Phone region change.

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Guys, if you experience battery drain on you Lumias report it to Microsoft by posting Battery Saver screenshots using this thread

Battery draining faster after windowsphone 8.1 update

Here is a response from the Windows Phone Tech regarding the battery drain issue in WP 8.1

"Hello Everyone,
The first day after updating your device you can expect some battery consumption due to the reinstallation of all applications and normal restoration that may occur post update.

We ask that you watch your battery consumption on day 2 and 3 and do so through the Battery Saver application. If you can please open the Top 2-3 items in the battery saver application and look at each application you will see if the battery consumption is based on background task or if the application was active on the screen being used by you. If you see a large amount of consumption in the background compared to your own personal use as the application it would be helpful to watch those.

In addition, if you can please also go to Settings -> Email + Accounts and see if any accounts are stuck in sync mode. There could be an account sync issue that is occurring. You can stop the sync and re-add the account to see if it resolves your issue or if the primary account simply restart the phone.

If you continue to see the issue, please provide some screenshots of your battery saver application, and the second screen for the top 2-3 items so we can see consumption.

Thank you,
Eli A.

Windows Phone Support - Tech Lead"

CharlieBoy1894

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
After I did a soft reset my time since last charge on battery saver keeps on saying 'less than an hour' even though it's like 3 hours now. Anyone know how can I fix this?

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
One thing I found was, after updating to 8.1, all my email accounts were set to sync based on my usage. Underneath that it said 'currently syncing: as item arrives' which isn't as battery efficient as other options (I know it changes based on usage, but that could take 'a few days'). So if you don't require your account to be always active you should maybe change it to another option.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid...6D84E376326FA32!36818&authkey=AAoN-EIipAiZbQg

For me the podcast app was using all of my battery, something must have gone wrong with it.
You should start to read, it's usage when you actually use app, when you press on app you can see that it uses nothing in background.
You listened to some podcast or downloaded something, so it drained your battery, but that's your fault and that's what you have to expect from heavy media apps.

bobdonkey

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
You should start to read, it's usage when you actually use app, when you press on app you can see that it uses nothing in background.
You listened to some podcast or downloaded something, so it drained your battery, but that's your fault and that's what you have to expect from heavy media apps.

No you are wrong. I listened to about 5 mins, and it used 60% of my battery. It used a tiny bit in use, and all of it was in the background. It didnt even download anything new.If you look at my screenshot, I watched video for 1 hour, podcast for 5 mins, but podcast used 4x the battery of video. This is not right.

JimiDiGriz

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
One thing I have noticed is that listing 'all apps' in Battery Sense shows a plethora of apps set to run in the background that I didn't have set that way on WP8 (why does eHow need to run in the background??). I've gone through them all and switched off any I don't need running (i.e no live tile etc). Be interesting to see if that makes a difference.

indoko

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
The battery in my lumia 925 is much worse with the same use. I can't use the phone at work and i have arrived at home at 15:00 with only 50%. At 7:30 was full charged.
Before 8.1 i could have 70% in the the same time.

Sent from my RM-892_eu_spain_453 using Tapatalk

JoaoCSM

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, I unpluged my L920 6 hours ago. With wifi, data and bluetooth disabled, max network speed at 3G, I have 99% remaining. about 15 sms sent and some received.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
One thing I have noticed is that listing 'all apps' in Battery Sense shows a plethora of apps set to run in the background that I didn't have set that way on WP8 (why does eHow need to run in the background??). I've gone through them all and switched off any I don't need running (i.e no live tile etc). Be interesting to see if that makes a difference.

In WP8, there are apps running in the background you can't turn off. You see them when you tap Advanced in the Applications area. Many apps you don't think would need to are running in the background. So it's probably the same as before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon