8.1 DNS Issue

grmjdavis

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I updated to WP 8.1 on a Sprint Ativ S Neo yesterday and didn't have any issues. Today when I left the house and was away from wifi I found that I couldn't use any data services on my phone at all. I can make calls, send and receive texts, but no data. Every time I pull up a web page when to Sprint's network I get an error message that says "Error: Cannot find server or DNS error"

I've tried hard resets, checked to make sure cellular data was enabled, etc. I'm stumped. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

bteskera

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
The same here.
IE can't open any page when cellular data is on, but works OK when on WiFi.
All other internet services works OK: facefook app, several youtube apps, Windows phone store, e-mail...
I tried UCBrowser, and it also works fine.

Duco van Buuren

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but I have had the same issue with my ATIV S, which I recently updated to wp8.1. However, I found that the solution is in the APN settings. When you go to the settings of your mobile network and you click on settings for SIM card, you get that settings page. On the bottom of this page it says: APN for internet, or something like that. when you click on that and just fill in the space under APN with: internet. That should do it (it worked for me). I don't know if any of these settings are different in different countries, but I had all settings in Dutch.

I hope this helps.

randolleh

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I have a 120 Lumia phone and it does works very good until one month ago. I can not use Internet outsite and the message is Cannot find server or DNS error. View attachment 88860I am really sorry for reopening this thread. I did reset my phone three times, but no result. I am really tired of that, but still it is really good phone. I checked my 1520 wifi settings. find different solutions, but the suggested solutions dos'nt helps. And the message is: Cannot find server or DNS error. Please see my settings.

Attachments

• lumia 1520.gif
    lumia 1520.gif
    52.6 KB · Views: 15

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes