surprise!!! one drive is not working with wp8.1....

Yazan Abdullah

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
yup....no onedrive for you if you 're on 8.1. ironically, i discovered the issue when i was trying to upload my photos so that i could do factory reset so that i'd hopefully get cortana to work.....oh microsoft....

kevinn206

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You can no longer upload files to OneDrive directly from the Photo hub. OneDrive is no longer an option. Very useful feature if you want to upload a full-resolution of selected pictures to the "Mobile upload" folder within One Drive. That integration is currently gone.

Binson#WP

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think he's talking about doing it directly from the Photos hub rather than one by one in the OneDrive app. In WP8, you were able to select a bunch of photos, and share them all at once to your Mobile Uploads folder on Onedrive. That function was removed in WP8.1 for some reason.

The Rooms workaround allows you to select a group of photos and upload them all at once to OneDrive. Then, you can move them wherever you like.

Yazan Abdullah

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
yeah man there's way too many photos and i have a funny feeling about this room "workaround"....so i am gunna pass. i wasted the last 3 hours trying to figure things out with 8.1 just so i can have cortana....u know what? screw this! i am just gunna forget about cortana and just forget about 8.1 all together. .....this is taking way too much time. i feel like a total looser wasting my time on poorly coded software from MS. god this is reminding of android and how i used to waste time tweaking it as opposed to studying or working out. also i feel that my phone is lagging with 8.1 ......i think we are beginning to see the androidification of windowsphone and it is not looking pretty. cortana is not just beta! it is not even working the way it was advertised and demoed in the build conference...and now we cannot upload stuff to onedrive. what a joke.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
You can no longer upload files to OneDrive directly from the Photo hub. OneDrive is no longer an option. Very useful feature if you want to upload a full-resolution of selected pictures to the "Mobile upload" folder within One Drive. That integration is currently gone.

I don't understand. It uploads photos automatically and if you want the best quality, it works on wi-fi. Do you mean upload best quality immediately over any connection?

kevinn206

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand. It uploads photos automatically and if you want the best quality, it works on wi-fi. Do you mean upload best quality immediately over any connection?

In WP 8.0 and 8.1, you have the option to upload automatically after photo capture as "Good quality", which allows uploading when on data connection. Sometimes you have a very important picture that you want to upload at its full resolution. You could do that in WP 8.0 and by selecting to upload to SkyDrive manually from WITHIN the Photo Hub. The file is then stored in "Mobile uploads". In WP 8.1, you can no longer selectively and immediately upload the full resolution pictures using the network data connection while WITHIN the Photo Hub. You now need to have Wi-Fi if you want to upload the full resolution pictures, and you must change the photo+camera option from "good quality" to "best quality". Or you have to open up OneDrive and do that within it.

I have had to do this a few times because I didn't have Wi-Fi available and the pictures were very important to be kept at full resolutions in case I lose the phone for whatever reasons.

Anyway, another dumb removal of a useful feature. WP 8.0 was far more integrated and seamless. It appears we have apps for this apps for that for most things like Android and iOS. Nothing unique anymore.

Cigar2

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of OneDrive and 8.1. Does anyone here seen an update today? Cause I've got one and I can't run the update to update OneDrive.
The update keeps (the best to describe it) crashing and you have to start over again. And there a way report bugs to Microsoft for 8.1? Thanks for the help.

Binson#WP

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
yeah man there's way too many photos and i have a funny feeling about this room "workaround"....so i am gunna pass. i wasted the last 3 hours trying to figure things out with 8.1 just so i can have cortana....u know what? screw this! i am just gunna forget about cortana and just forget about 8.1 all together. .....this is taking way too much time. i feel like a total looser wasting my time on poorly coded software from MS. god this is reminding of android and how i used to waste time tweaking it as opposed to studying or working out. also i feel that my phone is lagging with 8.1 ......i think we are beginning to see the androidification of windowsphone and it is not looking pretty. cortana is not just beta! it is not even working the way it was advertised and demoed in the build conference...and now we cannot upload stuff to onedrive. what a joke.
I don't understand this funny feeling about using Rooms. There's nothing funny about it.

Go to your People hub, create a "OneDrive" Room. > Go to your Photo hub and select all the photos you want to upload to OneDrive. > Press Share and select the OneDrive Room. > Use OneDrive app to move the photos wherever you wish on OneDrive.

Nothing funny about it. Just pure function.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac