Saving photos to onedrive

sn0t

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I know you can do this through the onedrive app. But is "save photos to onedrive" function gone within the photo app when selecting pictures?

m0unds

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
sn0t - were you referring to the photo hub context menu 'save to skydrive'? i was just looking for this function, and can't find it either. also, there's no onedrive option in sharing anymore. i'm hoping that'll change with an app update.

vigiralmoe

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Used to use the save to SkyDrive option all the time, so decided to create a new room called PC slideshow that way I can share photos to that room then on my PC I can set a slideshow to that folder using Windows 8.1.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
So it looks like if we don't have auto upload set than any photos we have in camera roll now can't be put into onedrive, great!

sn0t

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
sn0t - were you referring to the photo hub context menu 'save to skydrive'? i was just looking for this function, and can't find it either. also, there's no onedrive option in sharing anymore. i'm hoping that'll change with an app update.

yeh I was, kind of annoying that the feature is gone, plus I don't want to auto save my pictures because it will use my phone data. Kind of a pain that you now need to go through the onedrive app and save your pictures from there. Going through the photo was convenient because everything is all there and less of a hassle.

acewing905

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, removing that was completely unnecessary. Just another reason to be annoyed with the new photos app. Sure, it's still doable, but having to use a workaround is not the same as the convenience that function provided.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
yeh I was, kind of annoying that the feature is gone, plus I don't want to auto save my pictures because it will use my phone data. Kind of a pain that you now need to go through the onedrive app and save your pictures from there. Going through the photo was convenient because everything is all there and less of a hassle.

Auto-upload of best quality pics and vids requires WiFi so you wouldn't be wasting your data...

SaucePolicy

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Does it auto-upload "saved pictures"? i.e. pictures downloaded from the internet
What's the option for people who don't want their photos auto-uploaded?

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Does it auto-upload "saved pictures"? i.e. pictures downloaded from the internet
What's the option for people who don't want their photos auto-uploaded?

yes it upload save pic to one drive from the internet.
well I think that has been removed. That is why it has to be on auto so it could go on all across devices without you doing anything more

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
You can upload individual or multiple pictures (selected) to OneDrive creating a Room.

You can create rooms in the people hub.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital