What do you think of Small Double-Wide Tiles?

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
In other words, two of the smallest live tiles combined horizontally - or maybe also vertically.

I think this would be a cleaner way of using two adjacent small tiles with apps like tilesparency (http://www.windowscentral.com/make-your-start-screen-background-picture-perfect-tilesparency) give better customization options where you want that extra space filled up; and maybe even serve as a venue for interactive live tiles in the future by having a switch icon on the tiles to change settings. I know the action center gives pretty quick access to settings, but going to the start screen and pressing the concept tile would also be pretty fast.

I've always liked the idea of having a small double-wide live tile (except for the name, that could use some trimming down), but what you think of it?

If you think this is a good idea or a customization option you'd want to have, vote for the suggestion I created:

small double-wide live tiles | Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

Last edited:

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Seems like an interesting idea. We've got the large tiles at the moment and I think the next step they're taking is huge tiles that are interactive in the next update, but I'd be interested in seeing a small double wide - but what info do you think you'd get on it that you couldn't in a medium? I'd be worried it was a bit of a weird shape compared to the other tiles.

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I have thought having a smaller (thinner?) double wide tile would be a good thing. Glad to see I'm not the only one that thought of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster