Facebook Integration to Calendar: Remove birthdays?

acewing905

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Any way to remove the birthdays from the calendar? Normally, this is not an issue, but it seems with WP 8.1, birthdays being in the calendar results in reminders popping up in the middle of the day. This is extremely annoying when one has a significant number of "friends" on Facebook. For now, I've turned off the integration because of this.

thunderguy

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Login with your account at outlook.com and naviagte to calendar and delete the birthday calendar.

Any way to remove the birthdays from the calendar? Normally, this is not an issue, but it seems with WP 8.1, birthdays being in the calendar results in reminders popping up in the middle of the day. This is extremely annoying when one has a significant number of "friends" on Facebook. For now, I've turned off the integration because of this.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Well the best thing to do would be to uninstall the app and install the beta version. That one does not integrate with the calendar 📅

thunderguy

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Any way to select the time at which we want the notification on phone?
I see an option in Outlook.com but that doesnt seem to change anything in phone. If I change it one by one then it works

Hildr

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
If you uncheck the FB calendar in the settings, does it still continue to notifie you? That's weird.
Plus since Hotmail sync with fb, birthday are in double in my calendar, so I turned off the FB's one, but cause I don't have the half of the earth population in my friendlist, I didn't see what happen with notifications yet.

thunderguy

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
If you uncheck the FB calendar in the settings, does it still continue to notifie you? That's weird.
Plus since Hotmail sync with fb, birthday are in double in my calendar, so I turned off the FB's one, but cause I don't have the half of the earth population in my friendlist, I didn't see what happen with notifications yet.
why not go ahead and delete the calendar with double entries

bhiranya

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Same boat here. Thought it would be awesome to have facebook app installed and interact with the system, but ever since then had double entries for birthdays and reminders popping up left and right for those and facebook events to the point where its hard to fall asleep at night cos of the constant (and yet random) pinging for reminders for things I have no intention of attending just because its on my facebook social calendar (and yes, maybe I have a few too many "friends").

2 things, before some of you come up with clever remarks; no I will not leave my phone on silent at night because some friends and both parents live in different time zones and I would like to know that they can reach me, especially in an emergency, & no I'm not going to go through my calendar and remove events I will not be attending (especially public ones) because a) I like to know when they are, just in case I change my mind (or come up with a good excuse) b) I never had to do anything before, and for many years, why should I now.

Obviously the double entries I took care of by deleting my birthday calendar from live/outlook/online/whatever its called these days, but this means the full on onslaught of birthday reminders persist and the only way to get rid of them is to disable facebook birthdays and events in the wp8.1 calendar settings. But then I lose my events.

So for the time being the only alternative is to have birthdays synced with live/outlook/hotmail/whats-its and have the facebook app sync the events, thereby reducing the number of reminders popping up just for the hell of it.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I've removed the option of displaying facebook birthdays in the calendar in the app settings, I've also logged in and removed the birthday calendar in outlook. No birthdays show up in my calendar now (which I'm fine with), but my lock screen is still showing a birthday reminder from facebook. Anyone know of a way of removing that without disabling facebook integration?

Sent from my NL920 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
i even removed birthdays in the facebook calendar (you can do that by logging into facebook through the browser) and they are still showing up on my lockscreen

Not only that, it is showing a birthday notification all day today for someone who's birthday on facebook is on April 17th (and it's been showing it for longer than 24hrs), really weird...removing the calendar notifications from lockscreen and then putting them back seems to fix the issue. It looks like there is some sort of a bug here and not just a matter of screening facebook birthdays

GpMoJo

May 29, 2014
Visit site
i was searching for the same today...
what i found is
you can sign it to your outlook calender and delete it one by one...
or if you have a problem with the mid day notification, then you can go setting>option>birthday calender scroll down and change
Default reminders for newly created events from 12hr to the time which you wants.. or can simply delete it, if you dont want any notification...

prplfrg

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Go to the calendar, swipe right to open the charms thing, click Settings, then Options, then where is says show birthday calendar, swipe left to hide.

Ana Green

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Here is how to solve:
From your computer full Outlook website > <open your email > > click on the left hand side, corner above on Calendar > open the birthday calendar> on the menu drop out MY CALENDARS > right click > turn OFF BIRTHDAY Calendar

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon