Battery hog 8.1 update

Buntymunna

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi...

After installing 8.1, battery is draining too fast in my L920, before 8.1 getting battery for whole day but after 8.1 before evening battery is dying with similar usage pattern.
All background process disabled except Whatsapp, Wifi is on for all day. No background synching.
Cortana, Glance, Double tap wkup, Bluetooth, NFC, MobileData everything is Off. Brightness kept in low state. Even when screen is off, battery is keep drying % by %.

Im not getting why phone functionality consuming that much battery?

wp_ss_20140417_0001.png

Is any one facing this problem? Any solution?

Samer Bitar

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have same issue and an almost similar screenshot from battery saver usage:

wp_ss_20140417_0001.png

I haven't changed my phone calling pattern at all and I usually barely make any gsm phone calls so really don't understand how the phone app can be using all this battery ?!

also, whatspp seems to show that most of its battery drain is when using the app versus background usage which also seems to be illogical. I do get lots of whatsapp messages (background) but I reply pretty quick and then close the app.

Anyone found any reason / solution for this? As buntymunna suggested that soft/hard resets didn't solve the issue !

azlkk

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
My 920 was losing battery life at an obscene rate after the 8.1 update. Turned out that my email was constantly trying to synch unsuccessfully. Deleted and reinstalled the account and everything is back to normal.

Samer Bitar

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Now after a soft reset my battery usage looks even sillier !! There seems to be a real bug in hoe this is calculated because there is no way for messaging yo be at the very top !!

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140418_0001.png
    wp_ss_20140418_0001.png
    106.4 KB · Views: 7

constantinosmi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
What I did on my Lumia 620 was to leave the battery to drain completely. After that it took much longer to charge than it used to when I updated to the preview, and now the battery seems to be normal again. Another thing is that if you have a Gmail account, delete it and add it again. Also try changing the Gmail settings of synchronization to something else other than 'as items arrive'.

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, I did the math: I took 22 days of battery history, 12 days before 8.1 DP and 10 days after, put it in a spreadsheet, and calculated change in battery % per hour. I then averaged both groups and got 4.4%/hour before 8.1 DP and 6.9%/hour after. I conclude the Dev Preview has cost me about 1/3 of the battery on my Verizon HTC 8X.

Buntymunna

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Finally I'm succeed. Back to Win 8.0

Through NSRT I selected the option called ''My phone does not start up and respond'' and followed the onscreen instruction. (I did it even though my 920 was not dead because Im getting ''firmware not found on servers for your phone'' message every time whenever Im trying to update my phone through NSRT and NSUT). NSRT told me to connect my phone and after that to hold and press volume down/power button. Thats it. My phone was restarted and NSRT detected my phone. Finally got a option to download firmware for 920. It's almost 1.3 GB big.

Now finally Im back to 8.0. Enjoying great battery life as before.

Thank You,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes