Backup always fails

jomargon

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I try doing a backup, it stops at 96% and displays "There was a problem backing up your settings. Try again later." Anyone else having the same issue?

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem as well, but someone pointed out a solution for me: your lockscreen photo. If your lockscreen photo is so high of quality that it's greater than 1 MB, it won't back up, as the backup algorithm can't seem to handle it. I changed my lockscreen and it backed up flawlessly. Try that. If it doesn't work... then I got nothin'

Tomazon

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem as well, but someone pointed out a solution for me: your lockscreen photo. If your lockscreen photo is so high of quality that it's greater than 1 MB, it won't back up, as the backup algorithm can't seem to handle it. I changed my lockscreen and it backed up flawlessly. Try that. If it doesn't work... then I got nothin'
Changing both lock and start screen to default included images didn't solved the issue. However, it helped improve the stuck position from 95 to 98% :eek:rly:

jomargon

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Changing both lock and start screen to default included images didn't solved the issue. However, it helped improve the stuck position from 95 to 98% :eek:rly:

I changed my lockscreen from Amazing Weather HD to a simple photo, and the backup progress went up from 96% to 100% but for some reason backup still fails. Any other suggestions?

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I changed my lockscreen from Amazing Weather HD to a simple photo, and the backup progress went up from 96% to 100% but for some reason backup still fails. Any other suggestions?

Try turning off "App Backup" and try once again and also check if you are logged into OneDrive by opening the OneDrive app.

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
And one more thing, once go to your email+accounts and try to manually sync your MSFT account by holding it and tapping sync. Does it complete without any errors?

jomargon

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm logged in to OneDrive and I have no problem synching my Microsoft account. Turned off the App Backup but it still fails right before reaching 100%. Thanks for the suggestions!

book1245

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Bumping this thread to see if anyone else has continued to experience this problem, or if anyone has found a solution. My phone is still telling me that I haven't backed up since last Monday. My backup process will get to 100% before giving me the "There was a problem backing up your settings" error message.

jomargon

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I already submitted logs to MS via the Diagnostics app. I hope they will prioritize bug fixing over features and release small updates that contain bug fixes instead of including it in the next big update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3