Project My Screen app now available for download (MS)

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have good news and bad news.

The good:

The project my screen app is now available for download and it works :D
Link: http://download.microsoft.com/downl...4E9B-9259-0F72FDEDD153/ProjectMyScreenApp.msi

The bad:

Unfortunately the app is a Windows desktop app, not Windows Metro, but is still full screen on the desktop, making meaning you can not snap the app to the side of your screen or open it in a window and still get other work done.

To use the feature, install the Project My Phone app, activate Project My Phone in Settings, and connect your phone and run the app.

Have fun :D :cool:

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately the app is a Windows desktop app, not Windows Metro, but is still full screen on the desktop, making meaning you can not snap the app to the side of your screen or open it in a window and still get other work done.

To me, being a desktop app is actually good news. However if it forces full screen that is dumb.

Sometimes I wonder about the QC department at Microsoft.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
When I hit the ESC key the app becomes a window... I don't know if it will keep working when I connect my phone because I haven't done it yet.

Edit: it should keep working because in the controls section it actually says ESC goes to windowed mode. :D

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Try uninstalling from pc, turn off the option in phone, do a soft reset, reinstall app on pc, then search again... Long shot but yea...

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Also keep in mind.. It had been mentioned after Build that the app might not work with all phones.. I have a 925 so I hope it works...

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Worked beautifully on my Surface Pro 2, in windowed mode! :D (L920 phone)

Screenshot2up_zps0443c71d.png

Screenshot3up_zpsd20d97f4.png~original

Last edited:

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Tip for those who can't get it to work:

Unplug your phone from your PC if it isn't already. Go to Control Panel, Devices and Printers. Find your phone (it may be in there multiple times), right click on it and select "Remove Device". Then plug your phone back into your PC, go to "project my screen" on your phone, and then run the application on your PC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99