WP 8.1 Task Manager - many application instances

JMiller123

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I just used the Developer Preview to update my wife's Lumia 620 to WP 8.1. Installation was totally smooth. However...

The task manager (when holding the back button) is quite helpful, but one issue I have is that it shows many instances of an individual application. My wife pretty much only hits the windows key to return to the home screen and rarely hits the back key. So, there are 3-4 instances of any given app. It clutters the entire task manager when she's got 3 Facebook Messenger apps open, 4 messenging apps, 2 IEs, the Podcast app, and her alarm.

Is there any way to have just one instance of each app open in the task manager for less clutter?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
There should always be only one instance of an app open, it seems pretty weird that you see multiple instances of the Facebook app open

JMiller123

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I know it's not supposed to. However, it does. Is there a setting? I noticed this occurred even before I updated to WP 8.1. So, this is not new to 8.1.

JMiller123

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
So, I pinned the main issue down to the Messaging app. Is it supposed to have multiple instances a la IE? It's not very helpful because if my wife hits the home screen, then reopens the app, the Task Messenger can have 3-4 windows of the exact same content. I.e., she can have 4 windows open that link to the conversation between myself and her. Seems silly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss