Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Microsoft stopped OTA update to WP8.1 because of 80188309 error

From Ascend W1 forum:

Hello Everyone,

Here is the Friday update on how things are moving forward.**Without further delay, here is the news for today:

A little clarification on the update notification.The notification has stopped for all devices that have not yet taken the first update, however those that have taken the first update and are waiting for the second update to the current 8.1 build will continue to occur.At this point, I would recommend ignoring the update notification and wait for further updates from us.

The update itself is not going to be available today, or likely early next week.We will continue to work on getting you this update but it will not be as fast as you would like.I know a lot of you would like a better timeline on when it will be available, and at this time I cannot commit to a date.I will however, commit to updating you next Thursday April 24th, 2014 with any additional news.If I have any news or details before then, I will of course update you at that time.

We appreciate you being eager to participate in the Windows Phone Developer Preview Program, and look

forward to getting it to you as soon as possible.

[Update This is for all devices experiencing the 80188309, not just the Huawei devices.]

Thank you,
    Eli A.

Windows Phone 8.1 Ascend W1 ->80188309 - Microsoft Community

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    Last edited by lupenyk; 04-19-2014 at 02:52 AM.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Yayy i got update before this sht
    Last edited by yaro da yaar; 04-19-2014 at 03:19 AM.
    Nibras Abdula likes this.

Global Posts
    803 Global Posts
    is it true that 8.1 is no longer available?

if this is true then it proves that the preview isnt the finished article
    hit the thank button if someone has been helpful its polite
    Thanked by:
    Jazmac 
    Jazmac and Nibras Abdula like this.

What about Lumia devices??
    ilovepurple
    Banned

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingenu View Post
    It proves nothing, simply WP8.1 is buggy garbage right now, so they decided to stop giving it away, until they fix their ****
    Thanked by:
    taymur, waidosas and WINDOW LOVIN like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaskys View Post
    It proves nothing, simply WP8.1 is buggy garbage right now, so they decided to stop giving it away, until they fix their ****
    I think WP 8.1 works just fine with my Lumia 1520, no problems so far.
    Thanked by:

Cool cant wait to see if its got improvements next time its available.

8.1 on an Icon. The calendar alone is worth it. Cortana not as smart as I expected but way ahead of the competition.
    DavidinCT and mojo321 like this.

My cousin didn't install 8.1 yet :O
    Will she be able to install it now?? She has a Lumia 720.
    ilovepurple
    Thanked by:
    azcruz 

Global Posts
    803 Global Posts
    Its not true i guess.
    As my friend just register for preview for developers and he got update.
    He have lumia 520
    Thanked by:
    WTF!Just I have got update

Posted via the WPC App

Quote Originally Posted by LTTG View Post
    What about Lumia devices??
    See the update on the post-

Eli A. replied on April 19, 2014See post history Close

Microsoft Wiki Author Forum Moderator

Hello Everyone,
    Here is the Friday update on how things are moving forward. Without further delay, here is the news for today:
    1.A little clarification on the update notification. The notification has stopped for all devices that have not yet taken the first update, however those that have taken the first update and are waiting for the second update to the current 8.1 build will continue to occur. At this point, I would recommend ignoring the update notification and wait for further updates from us.
    2.The update itself is not going to be available today, or likely early next week. We will continue to work on getting you this update but it will not be as fast as you would like. I know a lot of you would like a better timeline on when it will be available, and at this time I cannot commit to a date. I will however, commit to updating you next Thursday April 24th, 2014 with any additional news. If I have any news or details before then, I will of course update you at that time.

We appreciate you being eager to participate in the Windows Phone Developer Preview Program, and look

forward to getting it to you as soon as possible.

[Update: This is for all devices experiencing the 80188309, not just the Huawei devices.]

Thank you,
    Eli A.

It's a developer preview..... This is why companies pull their hair out with people saying its garbage, etc. It's available for people to try out, test code against, get a sense of what's working, what's tempermental, etc. The core has few problems. Most are app specific and many are already fixed or in the process of being fixed. Others will be fixed with vendor specific firmware/updates. As much as I love these versions being public available, I almost wish they wouldn't do it and keep it closed to MSDN just to stop people that have no clue and justcomplain when nobody forced this update on them and it is simply not a finished product (though likely the core is close).
    Thanked by:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Maybe it's, somehow, device specific? I've had it on my 1520 since literally seconds after availability and no problems since. I updated a 925 last night at 6, but don't know what time they supposedly pulled.
    oditius likes this.

Global Posts
    1,126 Global Posts
    On top of being device specific could out also be region , or carrier specific?

I've got unlocked, bought sim free 625, 1020 and 1520 devices and in all honestly they are running more fluidly and stably that before.

The caveat is that my 625 had the power button issue but I reinstalled everything after a full write and that seems to have gone.

Well this does live up to its developer preview moniker!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumia920amber View Post
    I think WP 8.1 works just fine with my Lumia 1520, no problems so far.
    actually there is too many small things that they changed from working good to complete rubbish, I say hello to the new features, but why change what was available?
    meaning, if a new feature effects something that was made before fine, but if it has nothing to do with why change it!?
    like the tap and hold curser! this is insane, if you tap and hold the curser will be under you finger, you wont be able to drag it between two letters.
    hope they get there stuff together
    Last edited by taymur; 04-20-2014 at 05:56 AM. Reason: spelling
    Thanked by:
    LTTG 
    Kram Sacul likes this.

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taymur View Post
    actually there is too many small things that they changed from working good to complete rubbish, I say hello to the new features, but why change what was available?
    meaning, if a new feature effects something that was made before fine, but if it has nothing to do with why change it!?
    like the tap and hold curser! this is insane, if you tap and hold the curser will be under you find, you wont be able to drag it between two letters.
    hope they get there stuff together
    This, exactly.

Changes to the Photo hub...changes to the awesome scrolling pictures reel.

Changes in the Phone app. Accidentally click on a name while scrolling through recent calls? You're calling them (removed the circled call icon to left). Click on the Contacts icon at the bottom? Well now it's a phonebook and you're calling them when you tap their name instead of looking something up (because heaven forbid a smartphone have multiple capabilities).

THE GOSHDANG MUSIC APP WTF IS THIS STUFF -- I MEAN SERIOUSLY? When we left WP7 behind we wanted gapless playback, maybe better podcast support? They've gone backwards ever since. Seriously backwards.

Games Hub. Not a hub anymore. Just junk.

Messaging. Not a hub anymore.

Me tile. No more integrated social functions. Could still break this stuff out into a Me system level app, updateable but not in your app list, keep up with API changes and the like. Instead I get to stare at the screen for 13 seconds while my 520 pounds away at the bloat of the FB app.

Background tasks. Where are they? Who the hell knows? Did the latest FB just re-enable background tasks for it? Well, it's not at the top anymore so let me scroll all over the place aaahhhh to hell with it. Used to be so easy. Tap, swipe, tap, looook for offenders. Why wasn't it just integrated into there?

The lag is amazing. I go back to the Start screen and it's like being on my old OG Droid and the days of launcher redraws while I wait for things to fill in again.

edit:

why did WP7 have Zune on the desktop with easy syncing support INCLUDING wifi and we have to use Win8 with the worst program ever designed while plugged in and multiple songs AND THROWS ALL THIS CRAP ACROSS THE ROOM
    Thanked by:
    taymur, teckris, kamylasg and 3 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingenu View Post
    It would prove that even finished products can have bugs that need to be fixed. Look at all the cars GM has recalled. Are they not finished articles?
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!
    neo158 and Ashhar Hasan like this.

I had some trouble's a few days after getting the preview, but few the last few days since its running perfectly.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Everyone saying it's crap needs to take a deep breath and a step back. If you don't like playing with beta or even not final release software then don't become a "developer" and install this update. I've put it on my L920 and L1520 with zero problems on each device. I'm not saying everyone, but I wonder how many people didn't follow instructions on the update. Maybe you thought your phone was stuck so you did a hard reset and jacked things up. If your computer was in the middle of an update and you did a hard reset then yes you're gonna have problems. If you don't shut things down correctly you're gonna have problems. If you don't update your apps (or the developer doesn't update their software to work with the new update) then you're gonna have problems. Bottom line, this "developer preview" is for people who want to test things out and give feedback. If you're having a problem there is a place to submit issues or suggestions and it's not on WPCentral. Go to the MS forums and post there. If you aren't willing to do that then wait for your carrier to update your phone.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Installed 8.1 on my 520 on the day it released, no a single problem since. Working perfectly. :)
    Thanked by:

PIN
    No
    Yeah,Huawei did a nice update before 8.1 then ,,,,,

Sent from my HUAWEI W1-C00 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    IE video streaming problem

Quote Originally Posted by psiu_glen View Post
    This, exactly.

Changes to the Photo hub...changes to the awesome scrolling pictures reel.

Changes in the Phone app. Accidentally click on a name while scrolling through recent calls? You're calling them (removed the circled call icon to left). Click on the Contacts icon at the bottom? Well now it's a phonebook and you're calling them when you tap their name instead of looking something up (because heaven forbid a smartphone have multiple capabilities).

THE GOSHDANG MUSIC APP WTF IS THIS STUFF -- I MEAN SERIOUSLY? When we left WP7 behind we wanted gapless playback, maybe better podcast support? They've gone backwards ever since. Seriously backwards.

Games Hub. Not a hub anymore. Just junk.

Messaging. Not a hub anymore.

Me tile. No more integrated social functions. Could still break this stuff out into a Me system level app, updateable but not in your app list, keep up with API changes and the like. Instead I get to stare at the screen for 13 seconds while my 520 pounds away at the bloat of the FB app.

Background tasks. Where are they? Who the hell knows? Did the latest FB just re-enable background tasks for it? Well, it's not at the top anymore so let me scroll all over the place aaahhhh to hell with it. Used to be so easy. Tap, swipe, tap, looook for offenders. Why wasn't it just integrated into there?

The lag is amazing. I go back to the Start screen and it's like being on my old OG Droid and the days of launcher redraws while I wait for things to fill in again.

edit:

why did WP7 have Zune on the desktop with easy syncing support INCLUDING wifi and we have to use Win8 with the worst program ever designed while plugged in and multiple songs AND THROWS ALL THIS CRAP ACROSS THE ROOM
    I agree with all your complaints! Seriously the lag, the cursor, the lack of hubs is KILLING ME!
    ilovepurple
    waidosas likes this.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast