WP8.1 Start Screen "Resuming..." or "Loading..." Issue.

GudsFortapelse

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone sharing a similar issue where their start screen either claims it's "resuming" or "loading" when waking the phone up from standby? The issue causes the processor to work overtime, thus draining the battery at a rapid speed. Also, I attempt to restart the phone (power off and on) and the "Nokia" boot up screen seems to suffer a glitch from it as well. The "Nokia" logo appears to manifest off-center, and lines appear at the bottom of the screen also. Doing a soft reset seems to remedy the situation, but only temporarily. I cannot duplicate the issue, and cannot think of what may be causing the issue. I'm experiencing this issue on a Lumia 1520, whereas my wife is running 8.1 on a Lumia 920, and is not experiencing any of these issues. Also, I would like to note that after I did a standard power off/on, my battery status changes dramatically, displaying an incorrect battery amount. Battery showed 66% prior to restarting, then when restarted, showed 5% (even shut the phone down due to low battery power)...after doing a soft reset, battery went back to it's normal 66%. This is quite an anomaly, as well as a big deal for me, so if anyone else is experiencing this issue or similar to it, please feel free to comment on this...I need to know I'm not alone on this one. Thank you.

bertsot

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue. I also had Cortana as a tile. Whenever I accessed Cortana from the tile I could duplicate the issue. Removing the Cortana tile solved the issue

GudsFortapelse

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue. I also had Cortana as a tile. Whenever I accessed Cortana from the tile I could duplicate the issue. Removing the Cortana tile solved the issue

I'm going to remove the Cortana live tile, and monitor performance. Thanks for the troubleshooting tip.

theshowman

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I've had this happen a few times on my Samsung ATIV S and I didn't have Cortana live tile.
However the most annoying thing for me now is the camera app goes into a funky state after using it once or twice. It can't resume any more. Killing it doesn't help either. Only power cycle can recover it until it happens again.

dunker2390

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have been getting the same issue and it's horrible. I don't know if it's Cortana related but I will try to see if I can replicate using Cortana and then I'll remove the live tile and see if that fixes it. I am using a Lumia Icon which I got last week and this has been a problem ever since I put 8.1 on it. I sure hope this issue gets fixed with the next update as it destroys the phone.

chocka

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I started having this issue after trouble free 3 days of use on my 1520. When this happens, my phone gets hot and drains the battery fast. I have removed the cortana live tile and I haven't seen this happen so far.

jomargon

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I experience this issue whenever I stay on a place for more than 5 minutes with weak or no cellular connection, meaning no Internet.

chaz2400

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I have had this happen 3 or 4 times with my Icon. The phone is really hot from processing and when you try to wake the phone up, it sits at a "loading" prompt for up to 45 seconds or more. Very discouraging. I will try to remove the Cortana tile as well. Hope some of these issues are addressed soon!

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone sharing a similar issue where their start screen either claims it's "resuming" or "loading" when waking the phone up from standby? The issue causes the processor to work overtime, thus draining the battery at a rapid speed. Also, I attempt to restart the phone (power off and on) and the "Nokia" boot up screen seems to suffer a glitch from it as well. The "Nokia" logo appears to manifest off-center, and lines appear at the bottom of the screen also. Doing a soft reset seems to remedy the situation, but only temporarily. I cannot duplicate the issue, and cannot think of what may be causing the issue. I'm experiencing this issue on a Lumia 1520, whereas my wife is running 8.1 on a Lumia 920, and is not experiencing any of these issues. Also, I would like to note that after I did a standard power off/on, my battery status changes dramatically, displaying an incorrect battery amount. Battery showed 66% prior to restarting, then when restarted, showed 5% (even shut the phone down due to low battery power)...after doing a soft reset, battery went back to it's normal 66%. This is quite an anomaly, as well as a big deal for me, so if anyone else is experiencing this issue or similar to it, please feel free to comment on this...I need to know I'm not alone on this one. Thank you.

I have faced all of the things you've mentioned on my Lumia 520. That resuming one makes me wanna bang my head open and the battery level bug is really creepy.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
What are you resuming from? Usually you see "Resuming..." whenever another app uses majority of the ram that's currently available on your device, so if you're resuming from a game or have a couple apps open, I can see the "Resuming..." issue pop up (even on phones like the 930, Icon, 1020 and 1520 that have 2GB of RAM). Sadly, this is an issue with the limited amount of RAM on said device.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The issue discussed here is about resuming from home screen when you wake up the phone, not from apps. It takes a long time to resume for me. Quite a few times recently.

dunker2390

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, this bug happens when you unlock the phone. Instead of being greeted with the start screen you see Resuming or Loading on a black screen and the phone is usually very hot because of a run away CPU cycle.

Since I have taken off the Cortana Live tile I have not seen this issue so that may be a temporary fix for now. Has anybody else seen improvements when they took off the live tile?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99