Tutorials about windows phone 8.1 IKEV2 VPN setup

Justin Ellis3

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
All your customers wait for years for Windows Phone to support VPN for Microsoft to only use IKEv2??? What was the point??? I have not found many VPN clients that support it and our company also does NOT support it, we may as well all go out and buy iphones or samsungs because they support all the normal types of VPN protocols and there is no way we are going to change our infrastructure to fit around microsoft. Good way to loose customers.

Ickis99

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
All your customers wait for years for Windows Phone to support VPN for Microsoft to only use IKEv2??? What was the point??? I have not found many VPN clients that support it and our company also does NOT support it, we may as well all go out and buy iphones or samsungs because they support all the normal types of VPN protocols and there is no way we are going to change our infrastructure to fit around microsoft. Good way to loose customers.

That?s right. The newest update pretends to contain L2TP/IPSEC Support next to IKEv2. But i guess it is only a sick joke by Microsoft. We now have two different Windows Remote Access Servers. One with SSTP and IKEv2 and the older one with L2TP/IPSEC. I can connect with any Android or iOS Device on BOTH Servers without Problems. I can even connect with my antique WM 6.5 Phone (via L2TP).

But i could never make a single VPN Connection with WP 8.1. It is just impossible, which is sad because that means, that the entire WP Platform is completely unusable for us.

ttsaon

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
That?s right. The newest update pretends to contain L2TP/IPSEC Support next to IKEv2. But i guess it is only a sick joke by Microsoft. We now have two different Windows Remote Access Servers. One with SSTP and IKEv2 and the older one with L2TP/IPSEC. I can connect with any Android or iOS Device on BOTH Servers without Problems. I can even connect with my antique WM 6.5 Phone (via L2TP).

But i could never make a single VPN Connection with WP 8.1. It is just impossible, which is sad because that means, that the entire WP Platform is completely unusable for us.

please follow tutorials above
VPN ip : 98.126.129.251
vpn acc: vpntraffic
vpn password: wphone

Ickis99

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
please follow tutorials above
VPN ip : 98.126.129.251
vpn acc: vpntraffic
vpn password: wphone

Have you read my post? We?re trying to connect to OUR OWN Remote Access Server, that we?ve set up in our company, to gain access to our internal Services.

Dr Rose

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I have been eagerly awaiting for a vpn provider to offer IKEV2 service, so I tried this out no questions asked.

It's not working yet on my 920 in Honduras. I sent an email to vpntraffic.com asking for help. Let's see what they say.

Drew

To the best of my knowledge, Microsoft IKEV2 protocol is used in wp8.1 as well as Blackberry. I remember purevpn.com has provide this protocol for Z10 so it suppose to work on WP 8.1 too. I think it worth giving it a shot.

Dr Rose

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99