Tutorials about windows phone 8.1 IKEV2 VPN setup

ttsaon

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
How to setup VPN for windows phone 8.1

Windows Phone 8.1 introduces support for virtual private networks (VPNs), including app-specific VPN capabilities, IPsec, and SSL VPN gateways.After picking up a Windows phone and hours of testing I?m happy to announce we now support Windows Phone!
IKEv2
IKEv2 allows Windows Phone 8.1 devices to tolerate interruptions in the underlying VPN connection. If the connection is temporarily lost, or if a user moves from one network to another, IKEv2 will automatically restore the VPN connection after the network connection is reestablished. For more information on IKEv2, please see Internet Key Exchange (IKEv2) Protocol and IP Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP).

Install one the certificates below by tapping it and following the certificate installation procedure that pops-up automatically.
Click it on your windows phone http://facebook.vpntraffic.com/clientCert.p12
To install the certificate you need to enter a password. This password is 12369 .Confirm you want to install the certificate by tapping the install button.
1.jpg
Go to Settings. Select VPN. Turn on the VPN status. Select + to add/create a new profile.
2.jpg
Enter the server name or IP address
For a password-based VPN, select user name+password.
Set Send all traffic to ON.
Give your profile a name and tap the Save button.
Windows mobile automatically establishes a VPN connection, if the connection has been established successfully it should look like this.
3.jpg
To input more details, select Advanced. Select Save. The automatic VPN profile has now been created. To make changes or view details on the profile, click and hold the profile. To switch to a manual profile, select Switch to Manual.

From: How to setup IKEV2 VPN for windows phone 8.1 | Ikev2 vpn for windows phone 8.1

spasticnapjerk

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I have been eagerly awaiting for a vpn provider to offer IKEV2 service, so I tried this out no questions asked.

It's not working yet on my 920 in Honduras. I sent an email to vpntraffic.com asking for help. Let's see what they say.

Drew

CodingYokai

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I found 12vpn, vpntraffic, hide.me claim to work with WP 8.1 Ikev2. I've tried hide.me and it works. The setup is simple, just username, password and server address.

kevntrace

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Purchased a 1 month account with vpntraffic. Can't get VPN on WP to work at all. Was trying to connect to uk.vpntraffic.com and that did not work. Tried with the 99.126.129.243 address, and that did not work.

At a loss for what to try next.

Ramakrishnan M

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
How to setup VPN for windows phone 8.1

Windows Phone 8.1 introduces support for virtual private networks (VPNs), including app-specific VPN capabilities, IPsec, and SSL VPN gateways.After picking up a Windows phone and hours of testing I?m happy to announce we now support Windows Phone!
IKEv2
IKEv2 allows Windows Phone 8.1 devices to tolerate interruptions in the underlying VPN connection. If the connection is temporarily lost, or if a user moves from one network to another, IKEv2 will automatically restore the VPN connection after the network connection is reestablished. For more information on IKEv2, please see Internet Key Exchange (IKEv2) Protocol and IP Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP).

Install one the certificates below by tapping it and following the certificate installation procedure that pops-up automatically.
Click it on your windows phone http://facebook.vpntraffic.com/clientCert.p12
To install the certificate you need to enter a password. This password is 12369 .Confirm you want to install the certificate by tapping the install button.
View attachment 64136
Go to Settings. Select VPN. Turn on the VPN status. Select + to add/create a new profile.
View attachment 64137
Enter the server name or IP address
For a password-based VPN, select user name+password.
Set Send all traffic to ON.
Give your profile a name and tap the Save button.
Windows mobile automatically establishes a VPN connection, if the connection has been established successfully it should look like this.
View attachment 64139
To input more details, select Advanced. Select Save. The automatic VPN profile has now been created. To make changes or view details on the profile, click and hold the profile. To switch to a manual profile, select Switch to Manual.

From: How to setup IKEV2 VPN for windows phone 8.1 | Ikev2 vpn for windows phone 8.1

What is the use for VPN.?

Ickis99

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone ever tried a IKEv2 VPN-Connection to a Windows 2008 R2 / 2012 Server with "Routing and Remote Access" - Services? I?m trying for weeks now but it seems like i?m the only one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb